• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar book

Fusion

Global Moderator
This can't be true. Really weird if so, and very unlike of Tendulkar to participate in something like this.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is gross and cringeworthy. I will buy the opus first day but not obviously the blood edition.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Am I the only one that read that article and thought the quote

"But the key thing here is that Sachin Tendulkar to millions of people is a religious icon."

is far more strange and disturbing than a bit of blood (and Im guessing it isnt much) mixed in with some ink?

What religion and who are these people, if they exist?

Sir Alex

Banned
Am I the only one that read that article and thought the quote

"But the key thing here is that Sachin Tendulkar to millions of people is a religious icon."

is far more strange and disturbing than a bit of blood (and Im guessing it isnt much) mixed in with some ink?

What religion and who are these people, if they exist?
I am not aware of any mainstream religion that advocates blood worship in India, literally. Of course you have christianity where the offerings at the end of a mass are considered blood and meat of the saviour but it's basically bread and wine.

This sounds like cheap publicity and i'll be hugely disappointed if Sachin did lend his name to This.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I am not aware of any mainstream religion that advocates blood worship in India, literally. Of course you have christianity where the offerings at the end of a mass are considered blood and meat of the saviour but it's basically bread and wine.

This sounds like cheap publicity and i'll be hugely disappointed if Sachin did lend his name to This.
My point isnt about blood worship or the use of blood as a promotional tool but about the way athlete worship is casually thrown in to the article and noone bats an eyelid.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't see anything wrong with it tbh. If you could have the same thing of Bradman I think there would be a fair few punters. They will become some great collector's items.

Use of blood in biographies is becoming more and more common, but its only a tiny drop mixed with ink. What is a more genuine signature than your DNA? And besides spit, sweat and semen, blood is the only real option.

And... blood seems the most attractive of the 4.

Sir Alex

Banned
My point isnt about blood worship or the use of blood as a promotional tool but about the way athlete worship is casually thrown in to the article and noone bats an eyelid.
I don't think that's much of an overstatement and I don't have much issues with it. It is just another term to explain the intensity of fan following Sachin enjoys, and am sure it isn't unique to India.

Sir Alex

Banned
Don't see anything wrong with it tbh. If you could have the same thing of Bradman I think there would be a fair few punters. They will become some great collector's items.

Use of blood in biographies is becoming more and more common, but its only a tiny drop mixed with ink. What is a more genuine signature than your DNA? And besides spit, sweat and semen, blood is the only real option.

And... blood seems the most attractive of the 4.
Sachin is not someone who encourages such worship of himself and has in past expressed how he detests blind following of him. It would be completely out of character if Sachin indeed lent his blood to This.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sachin is not someone who encourages such worship of himself and has in past expressed how he detests blind following of him. It would be completely out of character if Sachin indeed lent his blood to This.
This isn't a book for the masses. This is a rare intimate collectors item that will give him a few hundred thousand dollars for a hundred mls of his blood.

Sir Alex

Banned
This isn't a book for the masses. This is a rare intimate collectors item that will give him a few hundred thousand dollars for a hundred mls of his blood.
From what I've seen of him, he is human but is not that money minded.