• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many hours of cricket do you watch in a week?

How many hours of cricket do you watch in a week?

• Total voters

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If a test series is going on between Ind and Aus or SA, then I watch as much as I can. If a ODI World Cup is going on, I watch as much as I can. Otherwise, I watch as much as my work and my mood permits.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I cannot stand watching cricket matches taking place in the subcontinent (no matter who's playing), pathetic broadcasting, bad commentary, the grounds look like a horrible mess, and on top the flat pitches are just an overkill.
Really. Do you enjoy watching it in WI?....

Could you please describe "pathetic broadcasting"?

And whats wrong with commentary?

If you don't have adequate reasoning for this, i consider your post a racist slur and nothing else.

cric

Cricket Spectator
Really. Do you enjoy watching it in WI?....

Could you please describe "pathetic broadcasting"?

And whats wrong with commentary?

If you don't have adequate reasoning for this, i consider your post a racist slur and nothing else.
Yeah, I actually enjoy teams touring the West Indies, It enhances my excitement as a cricket fan sky high, not to forget the beautiful skylines. Woah! and it’s awesome to watch the ball swing around at some of those venues in WI. “Pathetic Broadcasting” means that there isn’t an ad like every over, and sometimes it even cuts a few deliveries. As I hear the commentators babble about something irrelevant while the dull pitche hurts your visual impulse. It's just bad compared to lets say England, while it's so Green, everything is in order etc..

LOL, adequate reasoning? Go on and define the meaning of the term “slur” first, then come back with a little bit of brain to notice my avatar before calling me anything but racist.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, I actually enjoy teams touring the West Indies, It enhances my excitement as a cricket fan sky high, not to forget the beautiful skylines. Woah! and it’s awesome to watch the ball swing around at some of those venues in WI. “Pathetic Broadcasting” means that there isn’t an ad like every over, and sometimes it even cuts a few deliveries. As I hear the commentators babble about something irrelevant while the dull pitche hurts your visual impulse. It's just bad compared to lets say England, while it's so Green, everything is in order etc..

LOL, adequate reasoning? Go on and define the meaning of the term “slur” first, then come back with a little bit of brain to notice my avatar before calling me anything but racist.
Avatar don't matter. Its incredible how a number of great players have come from those dead pitches....especially some great bowlers...and England on the other hand has barely won a T20 WC despite all the cool facilities and lush grounds...

Broadcasting is up to the companies to whom the rights are granted i.e. Ten Sports. Ten Sports is not a subcontinent company if i am not wrong.

Commentators are also working for those broadcasters and have nothing to do with the subcontinent cricket per say.

I would imagine you being from UK would know the meaning of slur but i guess i am the one who needs a brain....

slowfinger

International Debutant
Agree with Faisal. How can you hate sub continental matches? It just goes against everything cricket stands for... You don't get 5 star pitches and that's what tests real players out.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Nothing like a test match in the subcontinent I reckon. We're all proud of our culture and the way we do it down here is far from boring I can assure you. Some three day inter school matches are some of the best fun I've ever had and anyone who's Sri Lankan will know what I'm talking about. Agree about the commercials though, there's no need for any of that crap. Ah well they have to make their money somehow I reckon.

I think the amount of cricket I watch per week would vary depending on who's playing and whether they show it in the weekend. Between late hours work, football, my girlfriend, parties, reading, MMORPG's, fishing and all that other stuff that I have to do, there's scarcely any time for cricket. I just watch what I can if it interests me.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't normally watch cricket that doesn't involve Australia. Even so, it's only a couple of hours.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
It varies for me, I'd say atleast 10 - 15 hours if there is a decent amount of cricket on. If there is a good test match on then probably around 20 something.

Personally, I love watching cricket played in England regardless of who is playing. I also like watching the South Africa home games, they always seem to be good series. I like watching games in the Sub continent but I prefer games that are played in New Zealand, Australia, SA ect. I am pretty big on my domestic cricket as well so when the Australian Domestic season starts the hours will go up more.

Australia playing is my favourite game to watch of course :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It varies for me, I'd say atleast 10 - 15 hours if there is a decent amount of cricket on. If there is a good test match on then probably around 20 something.

Personally, I love watching cricket played in England regardless of who is playing. I also like watching the South Africa home games, they always seem to be good series. I like watching games in the Sub continent but I prefer games that are played in New Zealand, Australia, SA ect.
Agree, partially. Cricket in England is the best cricket to watch because of swing. I love watching 40 over domestic cricket of Sky shown here by Star Cricket. RSA is awesome because of bounce. NZ is good because wickets fall early. Australia has been dull off late because of batting strips and would be on par with tests India for me. Both countries get good crowds for tests, but has not been the case consistently off late which is a bit worrying.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't watch much cricket these days, but will agree with Cric on the broadcast quality of subcontinent matches.

indian_legend

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
168 hours in a week:ph34r:

But still, it will be well over 20

I tend to watch whichever tests or ODIs are happening involving any 2 international teams. I dont care about T20 cricket though