• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Last English Summer

James

Cricket Web Owner
A Last English Summer

In this feature we are privileged to be able to showcase the talents of Harold Larwood's biographer, Duncan Hamilton, with two extracts from his latest book.

by Martin Chandler

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I did indeed Dave - thought they might stimulate some debate although I may have misjudged that!

archie mac

International Coach
His effort on Vaughan was first class, it is always sad to see a great player go on one season too long

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought the contrasting situations of Vaughan and Ponting made for fascinating reading - I don't suppose we will see Punter in 2013 but in the event we did, whether captain or not, I suspect his reception as he walks to the crease for his first knock of the series will be as different from that at Cardiff as it is possible to get

archie mac

International Coach
I thought the contrasting situations of Vaughan and Ponting made for fascinating reading - I don't suppose we will see Punter in 2013 but in the event we did, whether captain or not, I suspect his reception as he walks to the crease for his first knock of the series will be as different from that at Cardiff as it is possible to get
I wonder how much the upcoming Ashes series will have on Ponting's decision to play on. A win this summer may be enough for Punter to retire from Test cricket:unsure: