• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

school project

ptornot

Cricket Spectator
hi im creating a project for school and i thought that i cold create a bat or grip that will aid in teaching new players to hold the bat propperly and maybe even include hitting the ball on the right place of the bat would like to know your veiws and any help would be appreciated

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
John Wright glued his gloves on to his bat - or at least one of them - so that he would have the correct grip. I would try something like that. To hit the ball in the right place maybe paint a ball on the sweet spot of the bat.

Good luck.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Something I use when coaching is as low-tech as using chalk or permanent marker to show where the hands ought to be. Perhaps a way to do it might be a grooved grip which the hands sit inside specific holes?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Something I use when coaching is as low-tech as using chalk or permanent marker to show where the hands ought to be. Perhaps a way to do it might be a grooved grip which the hands sit inside specific holes?
Yeah, or coloured shapes/stickers where the hands go.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Yeah, good ideas but maybe you wanna add something to keep it there- like re creating a handle so you naturally hold it down the middle between the spine and edge. And make it all comfy so they will adapt quicker and not cross bat it as much.