• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am getting away from cricket

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
IMO, you need to start playing cricket IRL once again, Pratters, to maintain your love for the game. Cricket is one of the few sports that are compelling as a spectacle, but you'll only really love the game long-term, as opposed to just its players, if you yourself are a participant at any level.
Don't know about others, But the more I play the less interested I am watching others play.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Why did we need another thread ? Can we make this a "Sticky" and an official "I am getting away from Cricket" thread.

All the folks who are getting away from cricket can post in this one.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is something I cannot relate with nor understand. If its some personal issues like in the case of Xuhaib, that is a different thing. But I have never felt lack of interest in cricket. I thought I would after Wasim, Anwar, Waqar left in 2003, but I found myself eagerly watching the next cricket match.

Its funny you say you dont feel the excitement for the upcoming India-South Africa series..Thats the one I am really looking forward to for a couple of reasons
It will break the deadlock between the top 2-3 teams and make it a little more clear who is better than who
It will be another opportunity for Mr Sehwag to prove whether he has it in him to perform in slightly difficult conditions against a Steyn at home
It will be another opportunity for Mr Tendulkar to improve on his not so remarkable record against SA
Steyn vs Tendulkar/Sehwag

I just don't get all the fuss over movies, TBH. Books and sports for me over movies, every single time.
Movies over everything except cricket :D

The thing with movies is you have to develop the habit..From a very early age, I started watching movies regularly because my parents used to watch movies regularly. When they got busy, and I got a little older, I started getting movies on my own and since then..the passion has never died.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm sure the real cricket, the IPL, will get your interest back again next year.

:ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sad to see you go, Pratters... Kinda relate to how you feel but fortunately, I am now becoming a pretty big fan of the current Indian team. There was a time when I wondered if I would ever watch cricket after Lara and Sachin are gone but I am really excited at some of the talent coming through for India and then you see blokes like Pieterson and Sehwag still around. Big fan of ABDV as well and looking forward to seeing Bollinger become world #1... So there is still plenty of players who can make you look forward to watchiing them but if you feel you are done, then that's that. Hope you still pop in for the odd topic here at CW though.. All the best, mate. :) Will still catch up with you on fb, orkut etc.. :)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
All the folks who are getting away from cricket can post in this one.
Indeed. If everyone who was disheartened with cricket and wanted to get away from it made a thread about it, well we'd have the whole first page filled with whinges from me.

Threads moiged (though not stickied).

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
This is something I cannot relate with nor understand. If its some personal issues like in the case of Xuhaib, that is a different thing. But I have never felt lack of interest in cricket. I thought I would after Wasim, Anwar, Waqar left in 2003, but I found myself eagerly watching the next cricket match.

Its funny you say you dont feel the excitement for the upcoming India-South Africa series..Thats the one I am really looking forward to for a couple of reasons
It will break the deadlock between the top 2-3 teams and make it a little more clear who is better than who
It will be another opportunity for Mr Sehwag to prove whether he has it in him to perform in slightly difficult conditions against a Steyn at home
It will be another opportunity for Mr Tendulkar to improve on his not so remarkable record against SA
Steyn vs Tendulkar/Sehwag

Yeah this. In fact, my passion for cricket has grown over the years. Even though my childhood generation of cricket heroes have but all retired, except Ponting, I still eagerly anticipate the new generation of players to come through.

Besides, Beach/Surfing/Cricket > Everything else. I do see quite a few movies but its not exactly a passion of mine.

Last edited:

slowfinger

International Debutant
Yeah this. In fact, my passion for cricket has grown over the years. Even though my childhood generation of cricket heroes have but all retired, except Ponting, I still eagerly anticipate the new generation of players to come through.

Besides, Beach/Surfing/Cricket > Everything else. I do see quite a few movies but its not exactly a passion of mine.
This. But without surfing and beach etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
Precisely. There's some serious talent coming through in the world and Australian stage right now. The cricket ain't bad either.