• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am getting away from cricket

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I bet Imran can bowl better than the new Indian pace bowler playing v Sri Lanka, err whatever his name is.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am over cricket

India v Sri Lanka one of the tightest and most gripping tests one can ask for. Tendulkar batting. And I can't seem to take any interest in it. Started watching cricket in 1991 with this match. Have watched a lot of great players like Lara, Tendulkar Warne, Ambrose, McGrath, Akram, Inzamam, Dravid. I can continue naming players.

But I no longer have the patience or the stamina to watch cricket. This coming from some one who used to watch even gully cricket. Almost 20 years of cricket has been time for me I guess.

This is a sad day for me personally. I'll still hang out in the forum in off topic as movie discussions and other topics there keep me involved but feel the fire for cricket in me has been closed forever.

This is similar to my friend who posted about this here and is not an uncommont though rare phenomena I guess.

This is in some ways a sad day for me but I am normal about it. As I said I am over it. My love affair with cricket ends. I cherished every moment while it lasted.

This is the end, my beautiful friend.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
How is this a discussion point? Surely more suited to your blog.

This Sri Lanka v India Test match has actually made me again realise why I love cricket so much.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I find the phenomena very interesting but I am not looking for reactions really. Just wanted to express some thing to this place where I have loved discussing cricket with the likes of Fusion, SJS, Slow Love, Brumby, Lucky Eddie, Fredfertang, Jono, Honestbharani and many many others.

Thread may be closed if felt.

Last edited:

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
I never came to know you.....

Btw their was a time when i felt like you....Search your spark and you will remember why you were in luv with cricket.....:)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm over chix who bump and grind but don't put out, but I don't go makin' threads about...

Or maybe I will...

Flem274*

123/5
I give it two weeks tops.

Can't help but suspect this was inspired by someone else's leaving thread and the attention they got.

Anyway, see ya, bet you'll be back. :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
I hope you re-discover your passion for the game Pratters. I think a break from it and then coming back with fresh eyes next time a good series on will do wonders. The nice thing about pronounced summer and winter sporting seasons is that, here for instance, it's all about cricket from October to the end of Feb, and then all about football from March to the end of September. Just as you're getting sick of one, the other comes in and distracts you.