• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ashes - CW's Predictions

Who will win?

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another bold call....

England suffer a massive injury toll and they need to recall Greig, Nicholas and Gooch, as well as call up some Barmy Army members. :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
Prediction:
- Some Poms will get sunburnt.
- A much smaller percentage will discover the shower while here.

Burgey

****ing Murray Mints on the shelf in a shop near here. Bloody Poms trying to infiltrate ahead of the Ashes, so I'm buying a pack a day til there's none left. ****s.

Here's the awful proof...

Attachments

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it wrong I've now made Murray Mints part of my weekly Saturday pre-cricket purchases.

Pothas

****ing Murray Mints on the shelf in a shop near here. Bloody Poms trying to infiltrate ahead of the Ashes, so I'm buying a pack a day til there's none left. ****s.

Here's the awful proof...
This year is going to be the triumph of another great item of English confectionery, the Liquorice allsort.

flibbertyjibber

Said it before and will stand by it,England to win.

If Aussies beat us i will be the first to congratulate them but gut feeling is that i won't have to.

HeathDavisSpeed

I predict I will attend at least one test - maybe two.

Other than that, everything's fair game. Ravi Bopara to be leading wicket taker for England, Ryan Harris to be top run scorer after a big night-watchman ton and South Africa to come a distant third.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
A bold prediction

On the eve of the 5th Test the England team suffer mass casualties from a vicious strain of flu and have to summon out of the crowd, to make his Test and FC debut, an aging Yorkshire-American fast bowler with bad knees and a bit of a tummy who is on vacation from his job in the Philippines after he had been brought to their attention in the practice nets the day before the game.

Long shot? Maybe. About the same as England winning 5-0 :)
I'll be first in the queue for your autograph.

I just hope that the series is still alive by the time I get out there!