• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali Retires from International Cricket

Xuhaib

International Coach
either should have played the whole series or not bothered at all retiring in the middle of a series is not good at all for the team balance anyways respect for what has been an awesome awesome career the last bowling legend of the game and will remain till Steyn passes 300 mark.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Got this feeling he'll suit up for the World Cup. Deep down he'd want a sendoff just like McGrath got.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So he'll be available for the whole of the English summer of 2011 then

A last year with Lancashire that finally ends the 77 years of pain (always assuming it won't happen this year) would be a fitting end to his First Class career

Himannv

International Coach
Been coming for a while and its a good decision. He can still do a job but obviously the physical rigors are testing for him. A great servant to Sri Lanka and also to cricket I'd venture to say. Highest wicket taker of all time and living legend.

The only question left is whether he gets the 800 and makes it a round figure before he retires.

Penguinissimo

U19 12th Man
Without having read any responses, I'd imagine they'd be split between "what a legend" and "good riddance chucker".

For the record, I'm in the first camp.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So he's finally thrown in the towel, eh?

Ok ok, I'm out, I'm out.

:laugh:

Murphy's rich vein of form continues.

Anyway, it'd be churlish to say anything other than Murali's been a great servant to Sri Lankan cricket. Never much been a fan, but an undeniably wonderful career.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Great if he can take 800.

OK, Sachithra Senanayake should be warming up to play some real cricket

Lostman

State Captain
:cry::cry:
Was counting on him playing 5 more tests and retiring in November, as he said last year.
Just hope he can get to 800 test wickets in his final test. What a landmark that would be.
sooo sad.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Will be missed. It took almost 50 years to see quality spinners like Warne and Murali. Probably will hit home when we get used to the level below and yearn for their greatness.