• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Power of Hypocrisy - an anti BCCI rant

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Power of Hypocrisy

The conduct of certain activities and receipt of income from these activities clearly show that these activities are totally commercial and there is no element of charity in the conduct of BCCI. It is evident that major income arises not from the game of cricket but from the business of cricket.

by Manan Shah

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
one thing i have learned in life is that most brown people in the world are hypocrites and cheat. No wonder our countries are so backwards

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
one thing i have learned in life is that most brown people in the world are hypocrites and cheat. No wonder our countries are so backwards
It's not about brown people. It's about the countries with integrity and professionalism and those without, which happens to fall along race lines and thus the issue is seen as one of race rather than of good governance.

What you are saying is exactly what I am arguing against. Let's not make this about race.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't know. It's so ridiculous. If I use my companies credit card and spend $200, I get a call the next day asking me to justify my expense. I certainly can't be renting limos everyday and spend $400,000 over the course of six months without anyone noticing. It's so beyond ridiculous.

And supposedly, most of these positions are honorary. They don't get paid. They do it for the love of the game. Right. 8-)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BCCI is the best sporting organisation in India. The other sports organisations in India controlled by the government are far, far worse. You would be deranged if you were an Indian tennis fan, say, SS.

pasag

RTDAS
Only 10 posts with a headline like that? Pick up your act CW, back in 2008 this thread would be on the 35th page by now :p

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Only 10 posts with a headline like that? Pick up your act CW, back in 2008 this thread would be on the 35th page by now :p
SS in anti-BCCI shocker. It's like Bishan Singh Bedi. After a while you stop reacting because you're no longer surprised that he's shaking his fist at a cloud. :p :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SS in anti-BCCI shocker. It's like Bishan Singh Bedi. After a while you stop reacting because you're no longer surprised that he's shaking his fist at a cloud. :p :ph34r:
Exactly.. It is not as if cricket governance is impeccable in other places..

Matt79

Global Moderator
Why is that always the defence when people criticize institutions like the BCCI? "it's not like it's the only board around the world that's ****ed *shrug*"

That's a pretty low basis against which to hold anyone and a really just a way of dismissing the case without discussing it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just to be clear, it is still racist, offensive and utterly inappropriate to make comments like this, even if the poster claims to be of the same race he is insulting.

Post most definitely reported.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is that always the defence when people criticize institutions like the BCCI? "it's not like it's the only board around the world that's ****ed *shrug*"

That's a pretty low basis against which to hold anyone and a really just a way of dismissing the case without discussing it.
Why do people feel the need to defend it at all?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It's not the ideal organization by any stretch of imagination, but when you've seen the alternatives that exist here, you're pretty much thankful for it. Its like that yarn about democracy being better than everything else we have, warts and all. Pragmatism has a lot to do with it.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be really interesting to see the books and what the BCCI has done with its money, because they surely have masses of it. It would be good to see what % has gone to players, development of grounds, academies, etc etc.