• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Javed Miandad makes a comeback?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Is there anything that would make us suppose he's about to? If his son's father-in-law is quite keen on it I can see why he might tho. Allegedly, etc...

Xuhaib

International Coach
on a side note catch him on the track from time to time does 8 rounds of 1km a round easy within half an hour.Feel embarrassing to be lapped by a guy twice your age.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
on a side note catch him on the track from time to time does 8 rounds of 1km a round easy within half an hour.Feel embarrassing to be lapped by a guy twice your age.
I was once comfortably outrun by a pot bellied constable at 6 am four years ago. I'm obviously extremely unfit, but I didn't expect him to look the way he did and also possess all that speed and stamina.

Umar_Akmal

Banned
Miandad averaged 50+ all his career on difficult pitches & against good bowlers. Today he will avrage 60+ easily.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Miandad averaged 50+ all his career on difficult pitches & against good bowlers. Today he will avrage 60+ easily.
:blink:

By this reasoning Australia should bring back Neil Harvey. Averaged 50 odd in a tough era on under done tracks. I mean, sure he's 80 something, but he'd average about 74 I'd think, given the poor bowlers and flat pitches around now.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
I was once comfortably outrun by a pot bellied constable at 6 am four years ago. I'm obviously extremely unfit, but I didn't expect him to look the way he did and also possess all that speed and stamina.
IMO experience plays a bit of a role when running. If you've done it consistently before, even when you're older or less fit, it wouldn't be as hard.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Is there anything that would make us suppose he's about to? If his son's father-in-law is quite keen on it I can see why he might tho. Allegedly, etc...
why would dawood want him back? so he can fix matches with his son-in-law's dad?

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
40-45 overall, and about 20 against real fast bowlers on greentops and swinging conditions. Close to 50 on home soil, still.

Xuhaib

International Coach
And with both umpires playing for Pakistan as well:ph34r:
*yawn* pre neutral umpire days star batsman form every country got favorable decisions from there home umpire happened every where Miandad did score a lot of runs outside Pakistan aswell infact from 86 onwards any game which Imran captained was supervised by neutral umpires and Pakistan was the only country doing this.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If Javed Miandad makes a comeback, how much do you think he will average?

I think 28.
20-25 seriously speaking IMO. There was a match in 1999 between the Indian teams of the 83 and 99 world cups and the 83 team was poor but not completely lost it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
:blink:

By this reasoning Australia should bring back Neil Harvey. Averaged 50 odd in a tough era on under done tracks. I mean, sure he's 80 something, but he'd average about 74 I'd think, given the poor bowlers and flat pitches around now.
Any chance we could exhume The Don? He might be able to knock his average over 100 against the likes of Chris Martin and Jeetan Patel...