• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Javed Miandad makes a comeback?

Xuhaib

International Coach
20-25 seriously speaking IMO. There was a match in 1999 between the Indian teams of the 83 and 99 world cups and the 83 team was poor but not completely lost it.
similarly during the same time period there was a match between Pakistan and Pak veterans Miandad who was the coach of the national that time was bowled first ball by an Afridi faster one the ribbing he got from the players was quite hilarious.

20-25 you are overstating imo not more then your average tail ender 8-12 I reckon btw wtf is this thread for?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Sachin averages in 30s in SA and against Wasim & Waqar , he was a failure as well averaging in 30s. :)
First of all, I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Miandad here in CW.

But, from where does Sachin come here?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you are right. He averages 39.76 in SA which is 'in 30s', not sure about his average against Wasim and Waqar, but might be similar.

So?

Are you going in the lines of India vs Pakistan here? Then you probably don't know me. Everyone who knows me in CW knows that I seldom let nationalistic bias affect my judgement about players. So, can't provide you a spicy time, sorry. You can probably carry on your argument with some other Indian who is interested.

And on Miandad, what wrong did I say? Wait. Was it averaging over 20 against great fast bowlers on greentops and swinging conditions at Miandad's age? O God! Do you have any idea how tough it is to play against fast bowlers on favorable conditions at over 50 years of age with hugely reduced reflexes? I guess, no. Cricket, for you, is India versus Pakistan masala, and having arguments with Indians, right?

BTW, welcome to CW. :)

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Umar_Akmal, please stick to the discussion at hand and don't try and make it an India v Pakistan war.

weldone has covered it pretty nicely in his post.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thankfully we don't have India-Pakistan fights here. There are a few in off topic but not cricket related. There is goodwill among the posters from both countries here. It wasn't always the case as I remember cheap India-Pakistan banter on CW 4-5 years back between some members who are long gone. I am glad Indians and Pakistanis don't fight on this forum like every where else on the internet (mostly).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
IMO experience plays a bit of a role when running. If you've done it consistently before, even when you're older or less fit, it wouldn't be as hard.
I think running around on green grassy tracks is far far harder than the flat tracks.. Also, running around overseas means a lot more than running around at home grounds. And did I mention running fast in the second inning being more important than running fast in the first inning?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Any chance we could exhume The Don? He might be able to knock his average over 100 against the likes of Chris Martin and Jeetan Patel...
I am sure there is a still a part of Sir Don that feels bad that he never got to face Agarkar and Sami... I mean, imagine the Don at the Adelaide Oval against the might of Agarkar, Pathan, Nehra and Kumble... :laugh:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
With whom will you fight? Nightprowler, Fusion, Xuhaib? Hardly any Pakistanis who would take the bait.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I was once comfortably outrun by a pot bellied constable at 6 am four years ago. I'm obviously extremely unfit, but I didn't expect him to look the way he did and also possess all that speed and stamina.
So, did you end up dropping the soap too afterward?