• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Captain in the World!

Anon2

U19 Cricketer
Who do you think is the best captain in the world at the minute? I've made up a list of the people who I think are the best, please write back and give me your views.

1. Stephen Fleming (because he's turned New Zealand into a competitive team)

2. Steve Waugh (obvious reasons!)

3. Nasser Hussain (done well with a mediocre England team)

4. Shaun Pollock (top bowler, not a bad captain, too)

5. Sanath Jayasuriya (got Sri Lanka up the Test Rankings)

6. Waqar Younis (good bowler reasonable captain)

7. Carl Hooper (not done very well with a rubbish, apart from Lara, West Indies team)

8. Sourav Ganguly (dodgy captain, let England back into the ODI series)

9. Stuart Carlisle (latest person to get the dreaded Zimbabwe captaincy, no offence)

10. Khaled Mashud - Bangladesh captain (give the guy some sympathy, having to captain a very inexperienced side)

These ratings are my own and I don't mind if you disagree. Hey, everybody has their own opinions! :)

[Edited on 3/19/02 by Paul]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
To be honest, we don't particularly care :D

I'm more concerned with the team than who's captain. Would you rate Steve Waugh as highly if he was Zimbabwe's captain? Or Mashud as badly if he skippered the Aussies?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
really I think there are only 4 good captains, the rest all need to improve their skills or they will never be a good captain.

Fleming, Waugh, Hussain, Pollock (still needs more work but has the goods), after these 4..there is daylight really.

bryce

International Regular
To be honest, we don't particularly care :D

I'm more concerned with the team than who's captain. Would you rate Steve Waugh as highly if he was Zimbabwe's captain? Or Mashud as badly if he skippered the Aussies?

do you think they would make the team in the first place ?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I would say they never Gave Ajay Jadeja a chance well he was captain 2 times and he won both those one dayers

I knw hes a match fixer but come on not every game is a fixed game is it ?

There are people who deserve captaincy and ppl that deserve to be in the team in India but its all politics eg: Nayan Mongias Case