• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Sir Alex

Banned
Fixtures

1st Test - Sri Lanka v India
Sun Jul 18 - Thu Jul 22
04:30 GMT | 10:00 local | 10:00 IST
Galle International Stadium

2nd Test - Sri Lanka v India
Mon Jul 26 - Fri Jul 30
Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo

3rd Test - Sri Lanka v India

Tue Aug 3 - Sat Aug 7
P Sara Oval, Colombo

Sir Alex

Banned
Virender Sehwag
G Gambhir
R Dravid
S Tendulkar
V Laxman
Raina/Yuvraj
M S Dhoni
H Singh
Z Khan
I Sharma/A Mishra
S Sreesanth

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL should prepare three green tracks and three really quick bowlers and hope for the best. On usual SL slow turners, Indian batsmen will eat us alive

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Virender Sehwag
G Gambhir
R Dravid
S Tendulkar
V Laxman
Raina/Yuvraj
M S Dhoni
H Singh
Z Khan
I Sharma/A Mishra
S Sreesanth
Two spinners is a must have for India in the subcontinent. I do not think Ishant or Sreesanth have earned their places. Would like to see India try out someone new for the second seamer spot, perhaps someone like Dhawal Kulkarni could be an option, but obviously the selectors are being more conservative than me with their selection of pace bowlers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I find it strange that Badri has been dropped after one bad test.. I seriously do not see how Raina can be good at test level with such a big weakness against the short ball.

Lostman

State Captain
I don't care that it is India we again playing.
I am just excited that it is finally time for test cricket.

SL was scheduled for only 2 tests for this year before this series was arranged. The glories of the FTP.:@

Murali has always done well against India at home and looking forward to him getting to 800!
Hopefully by the end of the first test.:cool:
And I believe I said this on another thread but I hope SLC pays for the review system.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I thought I will not be very excited about this series but I am. It is test cricket and Tendulkar will be playing again. Now, if only the matches don't end up being bore fests that India-Sri Lanka tests usually are.

Sir Alex

Banned
I thought I will not be very excited about this series but I am. It is test cricket and Tendulkar will be playing again. Now, if only the matches don't end up being bore fests that India-Sri Lanka tests usually are.
Ind SL series have been fun in the last 2. Particularly the one in Lanka.

Sir Alex

Banned
Two spinners is a must have for India in the subcontinent. I do not think Ishant or Sreesanth have earned their places. Would like to see India try out someone new for the second seamer spot, perhaps someone like Dhawal Kulkarni could be an option, but obviously the selectors are being more conservative than me with their selection of pace bowlers.
I am not sure why you don't like Sreesanth. Last time these two met, sree was instrumental in winning a test.

Sir Alex

Banned
SL should prepare three green tracks and three really quick bowlers and hope for the best. On usual SL slow turners, Indian batsmen will eat us alive
It will become a lottery if they prepare fast tracks. India arguably have better resources in paper to bat on a sticky wicket as compared to lankan lineup. Still they aren't the best mind you. So it will come down to who bowled better.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
AWTA. He may be **** in One days and T20s but he is a matchwinner in tests.
I am not sure why you don't like Sreesanth. Last time these two met, sree was instrumental in winning a test.
Sreesanth can win the odd Test (two), but for the most part, he is dire. He has never taken consistent wickets for Kerala, how is he expected to do it for India? He'll bowl the odd good spell, but if you want someone to take you through the next few years of Test cricket, you need a bowler who is consistent. It is not a case of sitting through bad performances and waiting for a good one - in a game with four bowlers, a useless bowler can be very damaging.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Agree with it totally Manee. Sreesanth is a rare talent but highly inconsistent. When it can mean you are a bowler short in a test when Sreesanth is playing, it can hurt the team pretty badly. Will cost more games than win games.

He has talent but needs to be consistent.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree with it totally Manee. Sreesanth is a rare talent but highly inconsistent. When it can mean you are a bowler short in a test when Sreesanth is playing, it can hurt the team pretty badly. Will cost more games than win games.

He has talent but needs to be consistent.
Someone like Zaheer who understands bowling (bowl full when you need wickets, bowl accurate, not quick, bouncers, etc), is ideal. However, someone who performs well in FC cricket, over a season would be a start.