• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Umar_Akmal

Banned
From cricinfo :

Nitin: "Why is Ishant tagged as right-arm-"fast". I mean, come on! That's the joke of the day. What would you then tag Tait? Right-arm-"express"?"

Dissector

International Debutant
*Sigh* I have a bad feeling about this one. In the last few years our bowling has punched well about its weight, consistenly pulling off wins against good sides despite not looking that great on paper. This could be where it all ends especially without Zaheer to lead the attack. Let's hope our batting clicks though since the Lankan bowling isn't that great either particularly after Murali departs.

Sir Alex

Banned
Dilshan once again falls to the shorter stuff. I think it is a calculated attempt by Indians to bowl the shorter stuff at him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Any guess at what score Sri Lanka will finish this innings on? I'm going to go with 471.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
There is something I dont understand about India-Sri Lanka series.

India seems to own Sri Lanka at home
Sri Lanka seems to own India at home

Now if India and Sri Lanka were not neighbours and did not have similar conditions, I could understand this...but its not like there is a huge difference in conditions and weather and climate and all that..
So why does this matter so much??

When India toured Sri Lanka in 08, I really expected India to win the series... lost..The Dravids, Tendulkars and Sehwags could not prevent a series defeat although Sehwag played well.

Then Sri Lanka toured India last year and judging from Jayawardene and Sangakkara's form, and add Herath, Murali and Mendis to that, I thought finally Sri Lanka would win a series..

Not only did Sehwag do what he does with bowlers, Jayawardene and Sangakkara were inexplicably disappointing. And they were suppoesd to be disappointing.

This time, with India as the number 1 team in the world, I expected them to be favourites, and they were embarrassingly 291 all out against a board side and clearly their bowlers were ineffective against the second string Sri Lankan batsmen.

Inexplicable phenomena this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There is something I dont understand about India-Sri Lanka series.

India seems to own Sri Lanka at home
Sri Lanka seems to own India at home

Now if India and Sri Lanka were not neighbours and did not have similar conditions, I could understand this...but its not like there is a huge difference in conditions and weather and climate and all that..
So why does this matter so much??

When India toured Sri Lanka in 08, I really expected India to win the series... lost..The Dravids, Tendulkars and Sehwags could not prevent a series defeat although Sehwag played well.

Then Sri Lanka toured India last year and judging from Jayawardene and Sangakkara's form, and add Herath, Murali and Mendis to that, I thought finally Sri Lanka would win a series..

Not only did Sehwag do what he does with bowlers, Jayawardene and Sangakkara were inexplicably disappointing. And they were suppoesd to be disappointing.

This time, with India as the number 1 team in the world, I expected them to be favourites, and they were embarrassingly 291 all out against a board side and clearly their bowlers were ineffective against the second string Sri Lankan batsmen.

Inexplicable phenomena this.
To be fair to India here, their best two quicks are both injured, and they aren't renowned for their depth in quicks. They also decided to leave out their second best fit bowler.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
India bowling attack have always been awful.
Gosh your a welcome addition to this forum.

Looks like play over for the day. God I hate bad light, does it seriously endanger the bats? Players are covered head to toe in gear, game needs to harden up.