• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But saying without any backup is trolling...
No, it isn't. Trolling is posting specifically for a negative reaction, especially when the opinion you're expressing isn't genuine. If what taipan was doing was considered trolling you'd have been banned long ago. :p

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
I sense UMAR_AKMAL in taipan

Anyways...This is the first time Sri lanka loosing a game after winning toss......:cool:

Sir Alex

Banned
No, it isn't. Trolling is posting specifically for a negative reaction, especially when the opinion you're expressing isn't genuine. If what taipan was doing was considered trolling you'd have been banned long ago. :p
The opinion isn't valid btw. And he is not offering any counterarguments when presented with facts voiding his argument, and instead making on claiming the same.

If someone goes on posting Steven Smith is a better player under pressure than Ponting in the match threads, with nothing to backit up wouldn't it be trolling?

Am all eyes and ears for a solid debate. it is not as if I have not conceded at all in any argument.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Outstanding stuff From Laxman, Tendulkar, Sehwag and Raina. Please take a bow. Winning a series or drawing a series in Srilanka is not a joke. It never happened in last 16 years of cricket. This is something special and good time to be an Indian test cricket fan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If someone goes on posting Steven Smith is a better player under pressure than Ponting in the match threads, with nothing to backit up wouldn't it be trolling?
It'd depend entirely on why they were posting it. We're not the opinion police here. If someone legitimately believed that it'd be fine.

Sir Alex

Banned
Comprehension problems? I said he had more BMT. Never said he was better.
Haha ignoring what I posted now??

Let me recap what you said.

1. Laxman is a better BMT or TNT or whatever than Sachin.
2. Sachin is not a BMT because he averages only 36 in 4th innings.
3. 4th innings performances are the only measures of how good a BMT a batsman is.

Then I showed how equally good/bad Laxman has been in the 4th innings.

Any counterpoints?

Last edited:

taipan1

U19 12th Man
The opinion isn't valid btw. And he is not offering any counterarguments when presented with facts voiding his argument, and instead making on claiming the same.

Am all eyes and ears for a solid debate. it is not as if I have not conceded at all in any argument.
Sonny, I presented the facts of SRT's 4 innings average. I pointed out that the Wisden article (old as it maybe) didn't rate any of his knocks. I asked for examples of match innings knocks by SRT. By my count 2 have been listed.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Perhaps OT, then why did I get banned from the WC forums? :p I was only presenting my opinion about how I felt about team England when they were outsted.
Because we felt you were doing it on purpose to get a reaction out of the English posters.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Sonny, I presented the facts of SRT's 4 innings average. I pointed out that the Wisden article (old as it maybe) didn't rate any of his knocks. I asked for examples of match innings knocks by SRT. By my count 2 have been listed.
Make a separate thread for this and you can argue a lot and have loads of fun. Don't spoil this thread though.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yet you said Laxman is a better player under pressure. And apparently Laxman's 4th innings efforts don't back that up mate.

Ok will stop here as we are diverting the thread.

Last edited: