• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

stumpski

International Captain
You often hear about bowlers feeling let down by the batsmen, this has been mentioned a lot in relation to Pakistan in the current series; yesterday, I imagine India's batsmen were feeling let down by the bowlers. When Sri Lanka were effectively 76-7 they'd have been eyeing a simple target, which ended up as a tricky one. That said, with only 30 to get, this is India's to lose now.

Sir Alex

Banned
You often hear about bowlers feeling let down by the batsmen, this has been mentioned a lot in relation to Pakistan in the current series; yesterday, I imagine India's batsmen were feeling let down by the bowlers. When Sri Lanka were effectively 76-7 they'd have been eyeing a simple target, which ended up as a tricky one. That said, with only 30 to get, this is India's to lose now.
:huh: Who got them to 76-7 in the first place?

Fact is our much maligned bowlers have done a great job in this test match.

With 4 first choice picks missing due to injuries, and another playing in only his 2nd test match, India has done magnificiently in this test so far.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, good point - I doubt if the batters would have seen it like that though as they stood in the field watching Sri Lanka's last three wickets add 180. :) For the neutral, it just made for a fascinating climax.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yeah, good point - I doubt if the batters would have seen it like that though as they stood in the field watching Sri Lanka's last three wickets add 180. :) For the neutral, it just made for a fascinating climax.
I agree we did let them get away with atleast a 100 more runs in this game, but when SL won the toss and decided to bat, nobody gave the poor Indian bowlers a chance to pick 20 wickets.

We have definitely shown why we at the moment rightly deserve the number one rank.

Sir Alex

Banned
Stand and applaud. Just stand and applaud, for we just witnessed one of the best 4th innings special ever played by an Indian. VVS awesome!!!

So where are the doubters who were clamouring he was past his peak and must retire etc etc???

Sir Alex

Banned
What a way to end it!! Brilliant stuff by Team India. Really proud of the lot.

And Mr. Dhoni postpones a series loss as captain to another day.