• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Well I for sure wouldn't. S/R is not an issue in this game. Staying at the crease under difficult pitch conditions is but you are entitled to your opinion AK. It is a futile debate any ways.
True,SR def isn't an issue in this game.

I agree it is a futile debate but let me just try and explain myself.

The Tendu of today,regardless of the runs he scores,just doesn't give me the confidence I had in him a decade ago...understandably so....The memories of him scratching around for a 98 ball 16 in Bangalore when Ind collapsed against Pak on day 5 after lunch are still fresh in my mind.And just ftr,I would say his Chennai 08 100 was the worst of his 4th innings centuries.His maden ton in England and the 136 against Wasim/Waqar were much better IMO.

Sehwag on current form is just about as likely to stick around in difficult conditions as Tendu is.The diff is he,again compared to the Tendu of today,is more likely turn a game on its head.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
Sehwag on current form is just about as likely to stick around in difficult conditions as Tendu is.
Fact is he hasn't.

And he has never stuck in. (Can't recollect if he has ever lasted more than 100 deliveries in the 4th innings)

And yes sometimes 96 ball 16s count, when you are trying to save a test match.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
True,SR def isn't an issue in this game.

I agree it is a futile debate but let me just try and explain myself.

The Tendu of today,regardless of the runs he scores,just doesn't give me the confidence I had in him a decade ago...understandably so....The memories of him scratching around for a 98 ball 16 in Bangalore when Ind collapsed against Pak on day 5 after lunch are still fresh in my mind.And just ftr,I would say his Chennai 08 100 was the worst of his 4th innings centuries.His maden ton in England and the 136 against Wasim/Waqar were much better IMO.

Sehwag on current form is just about as likely to stick around in difficult conditions as Tendu is.
Tendulkar made 200 last test if I am not mistaken. The man is scoring tons at a rate faster than ever in his career. Regarding Chennai and all, I won't get into that, no. Just no.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyway here's hoping Ind win with Tendu scoring a century.
I want it so so bad, that I've just put even more money on Sri Lanka to win.

I need something to cushion the disappointment if we lose tomorrow. Money is the only thing that can do that :(

Sir Alex

Banned
I want it so so bad, that I've just put even more money on Sri Lanka to win.

I need something to cushion the disappointment if we lose tomorrow. Money is the only thing that can do that :(
An Avatar bet? I am saying Tendulkar will get a 100, for 2 weeks after tri series is finished.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I won't bet on it but I maintain India have a maximum of 15% chance of winning this game. If If we do manage to win it, and/or if Tendulkar wins it for India then it is going to be well remembered as one of the classic tests. I want India giving a fight and making it a thriller. That will be good enough for me even if we lose given the difficult batting conditions. That is all I ask from the remaining batsmen. The bowlers, though, damn they were inexcusable, lacking in discipline, lacking in talent, whatever words you want to put there.

I don't think this pitch is much worse than the one in Galle if that.No Murali to contend with this time around either....I am just peeved that the Vijay catch was given...50/2 would have been a decent position...

Tendu's wicket is obv key.He fell in the first over on day 3...he's got to last at least 20-25 times that if India are to have a decent shot.The pitch will ease out post lunch most probably,and if Ind still have Laxman,Dhoni,Raina,Mithun I would back them to get even 130-150.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't think this pitch is much worse than the one in Galle if that.No Murali to contend with this time around either....I am just peeved that the Vijay catch was given...50/2 would have been a decent position...

Tendu's wicket is obv key.He fell in the first over on day 3...he's got to last at least 20-25 times that if India are to have a decent shot.The pitch will ease out post lunch most probably,and if Ind still have Laxman,Dhoni,Raina,Mithun I would back them to get even 130-150.
This pitch is crap right now. Didn't you see Ojha in the first session and then Randiv with the new ball getting turns like they were? There is some thing in it for the pacers too as Ishant in first session and Malinga in last showed.

Last edited:
This pitch is crap right now. Didn't you see Ojha in the first session and then Randiv with the new ball getting turns like they were? There is some thing in it for the pacers too as Ishant in first session and Malinga in last showed.
There is something in it when the ball is new....which is why the first session will be important.If Ind can go into lunch at say,150/5 at worst,I would back the last 5 to get the remaining 100 odd esp if Tendu is there.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Randiv is looking like a world-beater on this track, like Ojha did in the morning session, I don't think they are quite there yet TBF. Our batsmen should really be looking at how Samaraweera played, play it late with soft hands.

Damien Martyn's innings against Harbhajan and Kumble in Chennai 2004 also comes to mind, the one where he had Gillespie for company, he played so beautifully for someone who grew up on the Perth wicket.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
There is something in it when the ball is new....which is why the first session will be important.If Ind can go into lunch at say,150/5 at worst,I would back the last 5 to get the remaining 100 odd esp if Tendu is there.
Too much dependency on Tendulkar is not good for health.:laugh: We saw what happened in first innings when we expected Tendulkar and Sehwag to give us a lead, by batting out a session on day 3.
Anyways, iam expecting laxman to put some resistance and Dhoni to make a 20.
Lanks to win this by 100 runs.

Lostman

State Captain
Speaking of crap captains. I'm nervous about what Sanga would do tomorrow.
Tendulkar didn't look he wanted to score tonight, yet there was a deep point, midwicket and long on. On top of that there was no slip when Randiv was bowling to him from round the wicket. Randiv has a good top spinner and he had already picked up Sehwag at slip.:@

As a positive deciding to open the bowling with Randiv over Welegedera was a very inspired move.

Also hope I never see Welegedera near the SL test team after this test. Definition of medium pace pie chucker, not fast, no swing in the air and horrible seam position. Only way he can get wickets is the Harmison way; short wide and hope the batsmen screws up.
Tbh, prefer no ball junction Fernando over him in the short term, while waiting for Thushara to get healthy.

Too much dependency on Tendulkar is not good for health.:laugh: We saw what happened in first innings when we expected Tendulkar and Sehwag to give us a lead, by batting out a session on day 3.
Anyways, iam expecting laxman to put some resistance and Dhoni to make a 20.
Lanks to win this by 100 runs.
Yeah.As much as I'm hoping for an Ind win,it really is improbable..at least seems that way right now.Just hope Ishant farms the strike so there's no question of Tendu getting out early :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah Wele has the been the worst of SL's bowlers but he's got Sehwag thrice in this series alone..thrice in five innings :blink:
Bowls too slowly and upsets Sehwag's natural rhythm is all I can come up with. :ph34r: I have not watched any of the Welegedera pie fest.

To Harmison balls:laugh:
yes..or as I would call it Halwa balls :laugh:

You make a good point about Sanga setting defensive fields despite being on top.I think all Asian teams tend to be ultra-defensive which is a reason why we get a lot of draws in the SC.Dhoni was way too defensive against Mendis and Samaraweera....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Goodnight folks. I am really lucky I am on a break of sorts and will be able to see the play tomorrow. Come on India!