• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sehwag's just one wicket off being India's leading wicket taker for the series :laugh:

Sharma - 7 wickets @ 55.28
Sehwag - 6 wickets @ 24.84
Mithun - 5 wickets @ 72.40
Ohja - 5 wickets @ 87.40
Harby - 2 wickets @ 152.00
Mishra - 1 wicket @ 140.00

Under-bowled TSTL! :p

Lostman

State Captain
WTF Sehwag!
I think I now know how Indian fans felt having to watch Jayasuriya play against their team.
Jayasuriya used to own India with the bat, ball and everything on the cricket field for a decade.
Sehwag has paid back the agony for SL fans in 3-4 years.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SehWAG.

Sri Lanka still with the distinct edge IMO, Randiv looks like the kind of nightwatchman who will hang around for half an hour or so tomorrow and Sanga rock-solid as ever. Think we'll struggle with anything over 200 on this wicket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SehWAG.

Sri Lanka still with the distinct edge IMO, Randiv looks like the kind of nightwatchman who will hang around for half an hour or so tomorrow and Sanga rock-solid as ever. Think we'll struggle with anything over 200 on this wicket.
Unless SehWAG has his way, tbh.. :p

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SehWAG.

Believe me, Randive could hang more than that, and additionally can score some runs. Particularly good player of spin as well.

But India has an opening. Sanga is not known to be a world beater when ball is turning square. Key wickets will be Mahela and Samaraweera. Mathews won't be a huge factor unless he decides to use long handle and score a quick 50+. SL needs 300 on this track. Welagedara has been ****, and Mathews is not fully fit (despite bowling beautifully). With 3 bowlers SL cannot defend a small score.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
About the pause in the action, probably not something the purists would like too much, but I'm unsure of how this even helps the bowler. Enables variation of pace perhaps, or is it to do with the amount of spin imparted?

Either way, I dont see it as a violation of any rule and I think its become far too much of a batsman's game at the moment to bother with stopping all these bowlers from an action that doesn't really seem illegal.
It helps mate. When you know that the batsman is going to charge at you that pause will allow you to adjust the flight, length and line. Some times allows to alter the grip as well.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Believe me, Randive could hang more than that, and additionally can score some runs. Particularly good player of spin as well.

But India has an opening. Sanga is not known to be a world beater when ball is turning square. Key wickets will be Mahela and Samaraweera. Mathews won't be a huge factor unless he decides to use long handle and score a quick 50+. SL needs 300 on this track. Welagedara has been ****, and Mathews is not fully fit (despite bowling beautifully). With 3 bowlers SL cannot defend a small score.
Yeah, he did look very comfortable.

On a side note, Mishra played SL's spinners as well as any of our top order batsmen. Nice use of the feet.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow... we're actually a shot here.

First session tomorrow PIVOTAL!
Expecting another goodf innings from Samarweera, the conditions he thrives, when most fall apart. If Samarweera and Mahela manages to put on 100 between them, that will give a good shot (and others contribute with small scores of course.)

Sir Alex

Banned
Anything above 275 to chase SL can sleep easy. India really need to churn out a mini miracle tomorrow to have any hopes about squaring this series.

70-30 to SL still.I have a feeling Sanga is going to come good tomorrow.Anything over 200 and Ind are screwed.Sehwag is a walking wicket in the second innings of a match generally,that only leaves Tendu and Laxman to a certian extent.The rest have all been in crappy form.

Himannv

International Coach
70-30 to SL still.I have a feeling Sanga is going to come good tomorrow.Anything over 200 and Ind are screwed.Sehwag is a walking wicket in the second innings of a match generally,that only leaves Tendu and Laxman to a certian extent.The rest have all been in crappy form.
More like 60 - 40. Somehow I suspect a draw.