• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
So what do India's chances in this match look like ATM?
With 8-Wickets down before the 400, manageable. They need some good batting but I think they can get it. This might be a proper 5-dayer for once.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be typical of us to let these last two wickets add 60-70 or so...

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
India will score 400 easily, and may go up to 550, unless Malinga has a good day.
I actually doubt that. India's batting is not THAT explosive and I find them over-rated. Will India lead after the 1st innings? Probably, but I doubt it'll be by more than 75.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Important runs these. :( Samaraweera doing a great job here for SL one feels.

Stapel

International Regular
Would be typical of us to let these last two wickets add 60-70 or so...
Well, Mendis showed some sensible batting, scoring 3 runs from 40 balls, while Samaraweera could take the partnership to 35 runs.

Stapel

International Regular
That's it then: 425 runs in the first innings: game on!

Is it just me, or should Sharma have been brought earlier to have a go at the tail?

Sir Alex

Banned
India can kiss the series goodbye. Unless Sehwag smashes it there is no way they are going to score runs and fast enough to enforce a win.

Howsie

International Captain
India can kiss the series goodbye. Unless Sehwag smashes it there is no way they are going to score runs and fast enough to enforce a win.
It's only 425. Even without Sehwag firing India could be around the 120-140 mark by the end of today and if they bat well tommorow they should have a lead by the end of day three.

Still plenty of time.

Himannv

International Coach
Awesome stuff from Malinga and Sehwag.. Can only catch it in patches cause I'm in office. The bits I get to see have been fairly riverting..

G.I.Joe

International Coach
12 more runs for Sehwag to move past the Don in runs tally. 15 more for him to equal Garry Sobers as the fastest batsman to 7000 runs, in terms of tests played, and fastest by a margin of 5 innings, in terms of innings played to get there.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
12 more runs for Sehwag to move past the Don in runs tally. 15 more for him to equal Garry Sobers as the fastest batsman to 7000 runs, in terms of tests played, and fastest by a margin of 5 innings, in terms of innings played to get there.
Like those gentlemen, should be knighted ASAP tbh. :ph34r:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Good lesson for bowling trundlers at Sehwag. Should have picked fernando / Prasad. They are likely to go for runs, but more likely to produce a brute out of no where compared to Welagedara.