• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Matt79

Global Moderator
That reaction sums up everything Yuvraj is about. While the calling was unfortunate in the first place, you expect a cricketer like him with a decade of experience would have already learnt to cope with. If someone like Sachin could get booed on his home ground, really does he expect the crowd, that too an away crowd, to behave like angels?
He must have heard worse than that in the past - he's played ODIs in Australia! :dry:

I guess it might have hit a nerve when he was in a bit of a downer anyway - you never really know what else is going on in a player's life. Threatening to go to the cops is a bit rich though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He must have heard worse than that in the past - he's played ODIs in Australia! :dry:

I guess it might have hit a nerve when he was in a bit of a downer anyway - you never really know what else is going on in a player's life. Threatening to go to the cops is a bit rich though.
Yeah, I don't really care about the middle finger. The waterboy calls are funny, but aren't exactly nice. And him reacting could suggest it hurts, which is a good thing.

But the threat of police is lol to the max :laugh:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
600 is a very tall ask, although I'm hoping Malinga can bat his way to a decent score.
Will need a huge hundred from Mathews or Samaraweera. Unless both of them going to do it, PJ and Randiv both needs to score 50 each (which they are perfectly capable of). If PJ gets to the wicket after the seam movement has gone, will make hay against spinners. Last time he took Harbhajan to the cleaners.

akilana

International 12th Man
The test series isn't as good as the last one played between these teams in SL. The first match was entertaining because of Murali's search for the 8 wickets.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The test series isn't as good as the last one played between these teams in SL. The first match was entertaining because of Murali's search for the 8 wickets.
Yeah it's been dull so far. India haven't been at the races and unless we get a few proper strike bowlers we won't be a part of too many memorable matches/series. We'll be relying on our batting to grind wins out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That reaction sums up everything Yuvraj is about. While the calling was unfortunate in the first place, you expect a cricketer like him with a decade of experience would have already learnt to cope with. If someone like Sachin could get booed on his home ground, really does he expect the crowd, that too an away crowd, to behave like angels?
Sir Alex in mentioning Tendulkar for no reason shocker.

R_D

International Debutant
:laugh: Yuvi..

Ah .. Haven't really been following this series closely... Was Yuvraj dropped for the 2nd test or was he injured ?

Raina batting well in the last match was the best news.... Don't care whether it was a flat track but if it means Yuvraj's out of the playing 11.

Hope India manage to restrict them under 450.

Stapel

International Regular
About Yuvi: Cricinfo has an article about how he was provoked, but handled it quite well....

Anyway, much ado about nothing. I like the comments of waterboy. All part of the audience folklore in sports.