Cricket Player Manager
Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

500/3.

Wow.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by Spudsy2061 View Post
    @_@ So much information to intake. How do you all know so much about the wickets and these match-ups of countries against them so well?
    Haha, welcome to CricketWeb!

Stay and you will learn.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    It's sad that guys like Irfan Pathan and RP Singh aren't considered anymore. I was there at all the days of that WACA test in 2007/2008 and both of them bowled beautifully. A lot of the players that contributed to the success back then have just disappeared and it seems like this selection panel is more interested in continuing with mediocrity rather than recalling some proven performers with a bit of ability and skill.
    Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    I don't mean to rub it in, but I got absolutely hammered from every direction 7-8 months ago for suggesting India wouldn't remain no.1 for long due to their bowling being remarkably weak bowling attack & considering they're struggling as much as they are, even in sub-continent conditions confirms this belief. Presumably they'll lose their no.1 slot if they lose this series, can anyone confirm this?

Incidentally, still seems strange to me that Murali pulled out after the 1st test of the series, surely this would be tailor-made for him if SL do rack up 600+ first innings
    Um, no. Stop making stuff up. You got hammered for suggesting that India didn't deserve to be #1 on the basis of their bowling attack. And rightly so. It's different to claiming that they wouldn't retain it for long.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Um, no. Stop making stuff up. You got hammered for suggesting that India didn't deserve to be #1 on the basis of their bowling attack. And rightly so. It's different to claiming that they wouldn't retain it for long.
    You're right that I did argue that imo they weren't the best side - which I suppose is effectively a round-about-way of saying I didn't think they deserved it - but in elaborating on that I also suggested they wouldn't remain at the top for long with their bowling attack, & got criticized for that too, certainly ain't making that up. But well done for bashfully jumping in and commenting about the far less specific point I'd made to somehow undermine what I just said.
    Last edited by Zinzan; 27-07-2010 at 03:44 AM.

Nah, you're trying to make a "I told you so, nyah nyah" statement on the back of something there wasn't much 'hammering' on. Not the first time you've attempted it too.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Nah, you're trying to make a "I told you so, nyah nyah" statement on the back of something there wasn't much 'hammering' on. Not the first time you've attempted it too.
    Nah, it's just nice to be proven right, how could I miss such an opportune time to remind people what I'd said, it's all a bit of fun. India's weak bowling was always my primary argument for them not lasting long at the top. Seems you're of the mind to hold it against me forever because I didn't think your team deserved to be no. 1 - sad really, but that's your choice, I'll survive

ok

Nah, it's just nice to be proven right, how could I miss such an opportune time to remind people what I'd said, it's all a bit of fun. India's weak bowling was always my primary argument for them not lasting long at the top. Seems you're of the mind to hold it against me forever because I didn't think your team deserved to be no. 1 - sad really, but that's your choice, I'll survive
    They deserved and rightfully earned number 1. Yeah their bowling was not the best in the world but it was solid and it got the job done. Yes their depth is poor but that's irrelevant and even if it was, you take away SA's best bowlers and how far down would they drop? Does it mean they don't deserve number 1 now?
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    They deserved and rightfully earned number 1. Yeah their bowling was not the best in the world but it was solid and it got the job done. Yes their depth is poor but that's irrelevant and even if it was, you take away SA's best bowlers and how far down would they drop? Does it mean they don't deserve number 1 now?
    We could debate whether or not they deserved it at that time for the rest of time, but we've been there, done that. I'll end by saying, yes I think SA are the best test side.

IMO, there's no debate India were the dominant side in Test cricket at the time

Seems you're of the mind to hold it against me forever because I didn't think your team deserved to be no. 1 - sad really, but that's your choice, I'll survive
    I don't hold it against you for the opinion you have on it. You're mistaken if that's what you think. I will however call BS on it if you're going to conveniently mix up the reasons you copped a 'hammering' for, back then.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Nah, nothing can match the awesomeness of the 1990s. Sachin Tendulkar and stuff. No Test wins outside the subcontinent. Not even in Zimbabwe. It was spectacular.
    Worst were defeats in ODIs v Zimbabwe in the World Cup, defeats v Kenya and test series defeat in West Indies (where Kuruvilla played) and inability to win a series in Zimbabwe.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    2/3rd of the target of 952 has been reached give or take a few... Will be dire if we give away 800 plus again against Sri Lanka. All credit to Sri Lanka though.

Come on SL, 750 at least...Mahela double ton up son.

I'm Loving it.
    Last edited by 0RI0N; 27-07-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread Information