• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Sehwag wants to go down as one of the game's greats he'll have to play according to the situation sometimes.What the hell was that?Very stupid shot when you are trying to match a score as massive as 642.It seems to be an ego issue with him....just has to bring up a century with a six.....

Good innings from Tendu...flat pitch but team was under some pressure when he walked in.The match will likely be a draw unless India decide to make it interesting.Hope Tendu beats his highest score if it is going to be a tame draw.It is odd that a batsman as good as him has his highest score against Bangladesh.
If you're going to be a fan of Viru, as I am, then you have to accept odd brain snap

For all the praise going Tendy's way, he should've been out a long time ago and his s/r is nothing like Sehwag's

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Probably because he's batting out a draw, but yes I take your point. You take Sehwag's strengths with his faults, otherwise you're a hypocritical fan really.

However when you have $50 on him to score a century like I did, you have a right to be angry tbh.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You have to accept Sehwag as a package.. He has gone from 99 to 100 and 199 to 200 and from 299 to 300 batting like that. You stood up and clapped and argued how great he was when he did that.. But what he did today just comes with it. If you think Sehwag is great because of the way he plays, you have to accept the odd occasions when it looks like he threw away his wicket.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I don't see the point in getting wound up over a stumping on 99, Sehwag has given much more than that to the cricket viewing public already. I wouldn't want him to change his approach whatsoever.

Sachin also played a similar stroke to get to his 50. I think the execution was wrong and not selection.
In Sehwag's case it was given that he would go for a big one.Randiv admitted as much after the match....

Look I have no problem with him playing his natural game.His natural style of play is to be aggressive and go for his shots.But sometimes using your common sense isn't such a bad thing.The wicket is flat,your team is facing a huge deficit and it was your wicket that triggered a collapse in the last game plus everyone knows that you'll try to hit a 6 on 99 - so what does he do?Exactly what SL and Randiv were expecting him to.I am certain in a similar scenario,a Mo Yosaf or Jayawardene would have probably made big hundreds.And that Sehwag knows only one way isn't really an excuse - he can be circumspect when he wants to.He showed that in that Adelaide 150 of his in 2007/8.

Probably being a little too critical of Sehwag here but just pissed that he didn't get a big hundred-which he really should have given the conditions and his form :@

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Tony Greig just said that Murali has thrown the gauntlet to Bishen Singh Bedi by calling him a controversy-monger and an ordinary bowler. :ph34r:
Bedi is certainly a controversy monger ,but not a Ordinary bowler by any means.

He seems to believe he is the ultimate authority on everything though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Let's see.
Vettori Averages 31.3 with the ball, but best ODI spinner. Randiv averages 35 in his short career, where he can only become better.
Vettori until WC 2003:

106 ODIs, 84 wickets @ 41.45, econ 4.41

Since WC 2003:

149 ODIs, 184 wickets @ 26.54, econ 3.97

His career stats are massively hampered by him being pretty crap up until the 2003 WC. Since then, he's behind only Murali and Lee in terms of wickets taken, and behind only Pollock, McGrath and Ray Price in terms of economy. The only spinners to have bettered his average in that time frame are Mendis, Murali and Brad Hogg.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I have partly figured out why our bowling sucks balls this series. With Zaheer Khan's regular absence over the last year or so in tests, we have lost the early reverse swing and conventional swing that he brought into play with his skill. Would have fared much better than this if he had been in the side. He has been a kind of mentor to Ishant and his performance has dropped too because of Zaheer's consistent absence over the past few months.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yeah but when Murali calls you an ordinary bowler, you're an ordinary bowler!
Haha, yesterday there was this interview in one news channel, Bedi was simply unbearable, calling Murali a thug in addition to the usual chucker references. For all the service he has done to cricket, he is undoing them fast with such idiotic rants, if already hasn't.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Haha, yesterday there was this interview in one news channel, Bedi was simply unbearable, calling Murali a thug in addition to the usual chucker references. For all the service he has done to cricket, he is undoing them fast with such idiotic rants, if already hasn't.
People will always envy the best. Always have, always will, you know? That's why it's one of the 7 deadly sins.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bedi used to say Murali was a good human being, and that he only had issue with his action.

Has that changed now? Or only after Murali's comments about Bedi?

Wish Murali just ignored Bedi. The more you bite, the more you give attention to his ranting.