Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    yeah.. Lara must be worried everytime this bowling line up plays for India..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    yeah.. Lara must be worried everytime this bowling line up plays for India..
    952 and Kumble bashing in that period comes to mind. There was a banner then and it was right 'India cannot even think of beating Sri Lanka.' I shudder at the memories of those days.

Edit - I do injustice in not mentioning Nilesh Kulkarni.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    I hope when Sri Lanka bowl they prove this is not a road, otherwise Test cricket is so crap on pitches like this. On the other side of the world we have a recently completed Test series that was tight, exciting, featured skill with both bat and ball and was close due to the wickets prepared. Compare England to this, terrible. No wonder everyone is flocking to Twenty20.

Time for Sharma to take a break from Test cricket for awhile?
    Galle was not flat by any means. It's provided a result within 4 days of cricket.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    952 and Kumble bashing in that period comes to mind. There was a banner then and it was right 'India cannot even think of beating Sri Lanka.' I shudder at the memories of those days.

Edit - I do injustice in not mentioning Nilesh Kulkarni.
    lol.. The Atapattu Killer, right?

Looking at the scorecard, he gave away 81 runs less than Rajesh Chauhan. Chauhan maintaining his record of never having played in a test which India lost in fine fashion.

Lol Ranatunga was run out in that match.

Kiran: "The Mango's discussion is very hilarious, wonder what BCCI and Indian team would be thinking, if they come to know about we discussing mangos rather than the cricket....200 crore baby for mangos!!" I can tell you this off the record. I know at least one board official who loves his mangoes.
    All I can say that it wasn't me. And

EDIT: Seriously check out the cricinfo commentary, it's hilarious and depressing at the same time.
    Last edited by Spark; 26-07-2010 at 05:04 AM.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

lol.. yeah, flat track and results are one thing but sounds like the cricket is annoyingly boring.

lol.. yeah, flat track and results are one thing but sounds like the cricket is annoyingly boring.
    Could be worse. Could be 1997.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Seems so. Certainly a come-down from the fast-past see-sawing funtrain we had earlier this week. I mean... if it was 350/2 or 400/2 I would be enjoying it more, but 300/2... that just tells me that the bowling is pedestrian with nothing from the pitch and the batsmen aren't really trying.
    Last edited by Spark; 26-07-2010 at 05:17 AM.

Amazing how many of you here at CW are picking India.. I think we have no chance in hell in this series of winning a game and have been thinking that since the first day of the series.. We are juz bloody poor with the ball.

And what's with our spinners on dry conditions without the SG balls? They are juz pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Seems so. Certainly a come-down from the fast-past see-sawing funtrain we had earlier this week. I mean... if it was 350/2 or 400/2 I would be enjoying it more, but 300/2... that just tells me that the bowling is pedestrian with nothing from the pitch and the batsmen aren't really trying.
    Definitely. Mahela is definitely not thinking of double figures anytime soon. Will he get it before the close?

EDIT: Seems he's managed it.. Somehow..
    Last edited by Himannv; 26-07-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Definitely. Mahela is definitely not thinking of double figures anytime soon. Will he get it before the close?
    With the last ball of the day - by accident

Seriously, dead pitches are really, really, really gonna kill the game off better than anything else anyone could concieve.

I've said it earlier. SSC has lost its pace and bounce and have become a dead track. We have to beart it, since it will be the only dead track in the tour. PSS is little green than that and bouncier too.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Well Ishant and Mithun going for 4+ per over is just unacceptable at test level TBH. I am not sure but if these bowlers are not willing to bend their backs on a tough track then perhaps the selection of bowlers needs another look. With a good batting line up that India has its not fair to them to have the opposition on top from day 1 with that kind of a score....

However, Sanga is always my favorite and its nice to see him score another ton....
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread Information