• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Guessing you didn't mean the roll eyes emoticon, but the :cool: one there.

Yep Raina has done well.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tony Greig just said that Murali has thrown the gauntlet to Bishen Singh Bedi by calling him a controversy-monger and an ordinary bowler. :ph34r:

Sir Alex

Banned
Happy and sad at the same time. Happy obviously for Sachin ton, but sad that the entire unit looks mediocre barring Sehwag in his absence. Kudos to Raina for playing a sensible innings on debut and under pressure although this pitch is still docile as a cow.

Sachin in the wake of Dravid's decline, seems to have taken up that role also, and it's great to see some good under pressure innings from him over the last few years.

This is true, but India's problem is their batting is so much stronger than their bowling, it's ridiculous. People may argue that they got the no.1 spot with that make-up, but it was never going to last very long for mine.

Personally expect England, Australia & SA to be ahead of them in 12 mths as they are all much more balanced sides, time will tell
I'm not sure about England - people seem to be overrating their attack somewhat.
Onions, Finn and Shahzad are largely unproven; Anderson is really only good in English conditions and we'll see how Broad performs in tougher bowling conditions.
I also think Swann's success may taper off a bit - ultimately he is a finger spinner and he won't be able to overcome the limitations of that form of bowling.

As for RSA, yeah they have the world's best bowler in Steyn and possibly a world beater in Morkel (still not totally convinced about him yet) but their backup bowling is poor
and I think it leaves them vulnerable.
They won't be able to dominate world cricket with just Steyn.

pasag

RTDAS
I'm not sure about England - people seem to be overrating their attack somewhat.
Onions, Finn and Shahzad are largely unproven; Anderson is really only good in English conditions and we'll see how Broad performs in tougher bowling conditions.
I also think Swann's success may taper off a bit - ultimately he is a finger spinner and he won't be able to overcome the limitations of that form of bowling.

As for RSA, yeah they have the world's best bowler in Steyn and possibly a world beater in Morkel (still not totally convinced about him yet) but their backup bowling is poor
The rule with England is that if they're not terrible they're automatically the second best side in world cricket, at least. :ph34r:

Well done Sachin, important knock in saving the match.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer

Tredwell and Bresnan are up and coming and should provide the final bowling piece England need. Their bat is mighty too.

If Sehwag wants to go down as one of the game's greats he'll have to play according to the situation sometimes.What the hell was that?Very stupid shot when you are trying to match a score as massive as 642.It seems to be an ego issue with him....just has to bring up a century with a six.....

Good innings from Tendu...flat pitch but team was under some pressure when he walked in.The match will likely be a draw unless India decide to make it interesting.Hope Tendu beats his highest score if it is going to be a tame draw.It is odd that a batsman as good as him has his highest score against Bangladesh.

Sir Alex

Banned
If Sehwag wants to go down as one of the game's greats he'll have to play according to the situation sometimes.What the hell was that?Very stupid shot when you are trying to match a score as massive as 642.It seems to be an ego issue with him....just has to bring up a century with a six.....

Good innings from Tendu...flat pitch but team was under some pressure when he walked in.The match will likely be a draw unless India decide to make it interesting.Hope Tendu beats his highest score if it is going to be a tame draw.It is odd that a batsman as good as him has his highest score against Bangladesh.
Sachin also played a similar stroke to get to his 50. I think the execution was wrong and not selection.