Cricket Player Manager
Page 42 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1716

Thread: *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

  1. #616
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    33,583
    I know what will save test cricket! Artificial stadium humidifiers
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    forever 63*

  2. #617
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,520
    WTF 235/1 after 62 overs.

    Excuse my ignorance on sub-continent conditions, but is there effectively any difference between Indian & Sri Lankan wickets & conditions as a general rule? I wouldn't imagine the heat or the cuisine would be tough on the Indians for a start.

  3. #618
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    WTF 235/1 after 62 overs.

    Excuse my ignorance on sub-continent conditions, but is there effectively any difference between Indian & Sri Lankan wickets & conditions as a general rule? I wouldn't imagine the heat or the cuisine would be tough on the Indians for a start.
    No difference whatsoever. Its all in our heads.

  4. #619
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    No difference whatsoever. Its all in our heads.
    yep. never really been able to work out the inadequacies of either battng side on respective away tours to India or SL..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed


  5. #620
    International Captain Himannv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SL
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    yep. never really been able to work out the inadequacies of either battng side on respective away tours to India or SL..
    I was just saying lol.. In reality its probably a tad bit wet in Sri Lanka. Of course that could simply be because BCCI is better at scheduling games where there is ideal weather as opposed to the clueless SLC.

  6. #621
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mirzapur, India
    Posts
    21,226
    Virender Sehwag - Only bowler to give less than 3 runs an over today so far.

  7. #622
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Virender Sehwag - Only bowler to give less than 3 runs an over today so far.
    I love his bowling so much.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

    Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.


  8. #623
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,443
    Unless there is a dramatic comeback, Mithun and Sharma should be dropped for the next Test.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

  9. #624
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mirzapur, India
    Posts
    21,226
    Who will be the replacements? Dinda?

  10. #625
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,715
    Let's wait till India bat on it before we blame the pitch entirely.

    For people talking about the Pak vs. Aust matches, those had 2 results. But the first test of this series had a result in 4 days (one day was washed out). So let's just chill about all the flat pitch stuff shall we?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  11. #626
    State Captain Stapel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let's wait till India bat on it before we blame the pitch entirely.

    For people talking about the Pak vs. Aust matches, those had 2 results. But the first test of this series had a result in 4 days (one day was washed out). So let's just chill about all the flat pitch stuff shall we?
    I was thinking about that. Flat decks might be annoying, but a big score does not mean there is a flat deck per se.

  12. #627
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,721
    but you don't get it, Jono... subcontinent wickets are flat no matter how many results they produce..



    And yeah, centuries again for Sanga and Paranavitana.. Would they have faced easier attacks ever in home conditions????????

  13. #628
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    Unless there is a dramatic comeback, Mithun and Sharma should be dropped for the next Test.
    Sharma is becoming a bit embarassing - not only does he not take wickets but he regularly goes for > 6rpo with the new ball. Now I know Dilshan's a bit of a different proposition and that you're likely to get hammered a bit if you can't get him out but he's truly bowled rubbish with the new ball for an extended period now and he's been outbowled in both Tests so far by someone I don't think is really anywhere near Test standard at the moment (Mithun).

  14. #629
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    44,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Sharma is becoming a bit embarassing - not only does he not take wickets but he regularly goes for > 6rpo with the new ball. Now I know Dilshan's a bit of a different proposition and that you're likely to get hammered a bit if you can't get him out but he's truly bowled rubbish with the new ball for an extended period now and he's been outbowled in both Tests so far by someone I don't think is really anywhere near Test standard at the moment (Mithun).
    Haha and just as I say it..

    To be fair he hasn't really been *that* bad with the older ball; it's just been his first spell he's chucked pies in. Hasn't done nearly enough to make up for it however.

  15. #630
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,715
    Kumar and Mahela are going to put on 500 together. This is going to be ugly.

Page 42 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 213
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 12:45 PM
  2. Hockey World Cup - 2010 - India
    By Sir Alex in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
  3. India v Sri Lanka Twenty20
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-11-2009, 05:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •