Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    lol.. I know we are missing like 4 first choice players but could we really be any worse?

Still think Badri would have gone a lot better against guys like Mendis than Raina
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

vcs
    I don't know why we even bother with pace bowlers.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Wtf
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Wtf
    why?

Was shocked we got a wicket

You have to feel for Amit Mishra, missing at least his fourth Test cap inexplicably. He's sweated it out for over eight years, got loads of first-class wickets, learnt a lot on tours with India A, has led his state team, is decent on the field and also with the bat, impresses in his debut Test series, and what happens? A year later, after the Motera motorway disappointment, is reduced to a second-choice spinner in home Tests. He too, like Murali Kartik, Ramesh Powar and Piyush Chawla, will wonder what it takes to impress the selectors, coach and captain. They've got everything on their side, except (possibly) youth.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    This is so onesided it is unreal.Can see Sri Lanka getting 600 here before even thinking of a declaration.

Dilshan must be apocalyptically angry with himself about now.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Its a road! Expect huge tons from Sehwag, RD, SRT...
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    I hope when Sri Lanka bowl they prove this is not a road, otherwise Test cricket is so crap on pitches like this. On the other side of the world we have a recently completed Test series that was tight, exciting, featured skill with both bat and ball and was close due to the wickets prepared. Compare England to this, terrible. No wonder everyone is flocking to Twenty20.

Time for Sharma to take a break from Test cricket for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    I hope when Sri Lanka bowl they prove this is not a road, otherwise Test cricket is so crap on pitches like this. On the other side of the world we have a recently completed Test series that was tight, exciting, featured skill with both bat and ball and was close due to the wickets prepared. Compare England to this, terrible. No wonder everyone is flocking to Twenty20.

Time for Sharma to take a break from Test cricket for awhile?
    I actually thought the two pitches - Lords especially, actually - prepared in England were very flat. The reason for all the movement was the atmospheric conditions.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I actually thought the two pitches - Lords especially, actually - prepared in England were very flat. The reason for all the movement was the atmospheric conditions.
    I actually thought about my post as soon as I clicked the 'submit reply' button. You are correct. Well maybe a compromise, flat pitches are perfectly fine in areas known for sideways movement in the air. Flat pitches are not fine in the sub-continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    I actually thought about my post as soon as I clicked the 'submit reply' button. You are correct. Well maybe a compromise, flat pitches are perfectly fine in areas known for sideways movement in the air. Flat pitches are not fine in the sub-continent.
    Relax, it is the monsoon season in these parts. We should get a bit of cloud cover every now and then and the pace bowlers will get assistance in patches, like what happened in the 3rd day of the first test.
    This was a serious post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blocky View Post
    As for Sharma, sorry but he's the only Indian bowler outside of Khan who has consistently managed to take wickets away from home and trouble good batsman. Shami looks highly promising but India don't have better seam options than Sharma at the moment in test cricket. Quite simple.
    RIP Craigos. Owe you a beer.:(

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2186298-post7381.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Relax, it is the monsoon season in these parts. We should get a bit of cloud cover every now and then and the pace bowlers will get assistance in patches, like what happened in the 3rd day of the first test.
    Sorry, I guess coming home from work hoping to watch a close Test match and find the scores at 1/250 slightly annoying.

C'mon monsoon (without the rain )

Maybe because it is not being televised in a UK channel that I have access to, but I'm not too upset about the horrendous failure of our bowling attack, because it teaches us; that Ishant Sharma needs to depart from the Test scene until he can find some accuracy or just the yard of pace that he once had, although his pace now is better than previously and that Mithun just seems like an 80mph seam bowler, which is weird as he was touted for his pace and his pace was seen as the reason that he was superior to Kulkarni and Vinay Kumar, who operate at a similar speed.

After such a fruitful A team tour in terms of runs, it is baffling to see Suresh Raina, who is inconsistent in FC cricket, picked ahead of guys who average 50 to 60 runs.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread Information