• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Cruxdude

International Debutant
If Sreesanth bowls anywhere close to how he did last time, we are in with a good chance tbh.
This. And I predict Ishant doing well if given a chance.

About Raina, I agree with Prince EWS. The first time I saw him bat he looked special. I think he is intelligent enough to succeed in test cricket. Love his determination and passion.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
no offence I know he is from your city but the little I have seen of Badri he looks like India's answer to Faisal Iqbal.

I reckon Kohli has the best technique among all young Indian batsman and he should be blooded in next.
Don't rate Badri very highly to be honest.

lol.. I rate Kohli high too.. I think I have mentioned somewhere in CC recently that I see a lot of Ponting during his early years in Kohli...

But between Raina and Badri, I would rate Badri as the better option for tests right now. And while I don't think he is special, I think he has the sort of technique that will help him make scores in most conditions against most bowlers.. He has played Tait as part of A tours and while Steyn seemed to have his number last series, the same could be said of most of our batsmen.. It is a matter of getting used to that sort of pace and I think he will do well if given another go...

And Xuhaid, city has nothing to do with it.. For instance, I think Vijay deserves to be dropped. I think he is taking his place for granted these days and doesn't look like he is trying hard enough... I thought you would know that by now. :) :p

Xuhaib

International Coach
And Xuhaid, city has nothing to do with it.. For instance, I think Vijay deserves to be dropped. I think he is taking his place for granted these days and doesn't look like he is trying hard enough... I thought you would know that by now. :) :p
I thought regional favoritism is also pretty strong in India because for the past few days all I have been hearing is moaning from former Karachi cricketers at the axing of Faisal Iqbal.Yes we don't need Yousuf or Younis we need a friggin Faisal 'my uncle was legend so I deserve to play for Pakistan' Iqbal.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I thought regional favoritism is also pretty strong in India because for the past few days all I have been hearing is moaning from former Karachi cricketers at the axing of Faisal Iqbal.Yes we don't need Yousuf or Younis we need a friggin Faisal 'my uncle was legend so I deserve to play for Pakistan' Iqbal.
I am sure it is.. but at least IMO, not here in CW... :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't know about that HB,

Bengal has given some great players in the past decade - Devang Gandhi, L.R.Shukla, Rohan Gavaskar, Ranadeb Bose, Wridhiman Saha. All unjustly treated. :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I feel sorry for Badrinath, but boy did he look out of depth vs. South Africa.

chicane

State Captain
I hope Sreesanth figures in the team for the entire series, backing him to come good. I don't think Ishant should be brought back till he finds pace and rhythm again. Hopefully he does in time for the SA series, which I'm so pumped for. Our quicks don't seem half as threatening as Steyn+Morkel, our batting on the whole is susceptible to demolition by pace and we must worry about Amla's India bashing, but I'm backing Viru to have a killer series and expect Harbhajan, Zaheer, and our batsmen to back him up just enough for us to win. Will be a hell of a series either way if these players come to the party.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Sachin, Dravid, Sehwag, Harbhajan and Dhoni to be the star players for India. I'll love to see Ojha being played in all the tests. This series is going to be really BAD for fast bowlers from either country. Another duel between some star batsmen and quality spin bowling. Expecting Jayawardene to do well, too. He's good against spin.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
for me, if it is a subcontinental side who are easy in their mind and feet about spinners, it always has to be Ojha.. He is the defensive option but he is a good one that way.. Against non-SC sides who are not so sure on feet movement against spinners, it has to be Mishy all the way. That is how I would go.. Horses for courses, coz in my mind, neither is a match winner on their own...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Zaheer out of the series with injury and Mithun replaces him! Not Kulkarni who did well in the A tour and has performed in more than one Ranji season, or Vinay Kumar who has performed in half a dozen seasons but a very raw pacer who supposedly has a bit of speed - we've all seen how this one ends.

roro

Cricket Spectator
I hope this series doesnt turn in to a run feast, a close contest between bat and bowl would be highly appreciated