Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I'm sure he is a nice guy. But when he bowled Sachin in the 2007 World Cup a part of me died inside. And it's still dead
    Oh, that part...

vcs
    I remember Fernando running out some Indian batsman with a direct throw from the boundary in an ODI long back and pointing to his biceps in celebration. Maybe it's a very childish reason, but I found that really annoying.

Loved him when he bowled the last English batsman in the 2007 WC though and I really like his slower balls when he gets them right.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Lol, the guy has a ridiculously loud grunt and no balls a lot. He also has wasted talent. He annoys me. I'm not here saying he's crapper than Indian fast bowlers. I just dislike him as a cricketer for his various quirks. And when he gets Sachin out, it makes me

Not a big story fellas.
    Lol same here, the guy just annoys me. And I am SL too.
    Btw, you should hear him talk, that would seal the deal.
    Very squeaky voice, Michael Jackson on helium how I would describe it.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

vcs
    Lol, the guy has a ridiculously loud grunt and no balls a lot. He also has wasted talent. He annoys me. I'm not here saying he's crapper than Indian fast bowlers. I just dislike him as a cricketer for his various quirks. And when he gets Sachin out, it makes me

Not a big story fellas.
    You do like Nadal, don't you?

Haha fair play.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    How long has it been since Zaheer was fit?
    He played the last test series.

We have no idea whether he's done or not and even if he makes a comeback, the guy averages well over 30 ffs! We're not talking about Malcolm Marshall here?
    What are you talking about?No one's claiming he is Malcolm Marshall but the fact is he is India's best bowler. As for bringing up his averages - love how you take his average at facevalue despite constantly having a go at Indian batsmen for batting on roads.I guess the roads become greentops when Zaheer bowls Besides if you're getting averages into this,Murali averages 30+ against India as well He has RETIRED.

Sreesanth has had one good series in his career and it was 4 years ago
    He won us a test recently and he Is a MUCH better bowler than Sharma.

Harby declared himself fit - end of story
    Lame argument.He was recovering from a flu and only played because the rest of the attack was so inexperienced that it was felt a half fit Harbhajan would be a better option.Obviously a fully fit one would have in all likelihood done better.

No point bringing Oz into it or else I'll have to point out that we've had to use no less than 18 fast bowlers in the last 2 years due to injuries - cop that injury toll and you really would have something to complain about
    The fast bowlers were responsible for Aus getting bowled out for 88 You were moaning about how India didn't deserve the number 1 rank.I'm point out that Australia perhaps don't even deserve 3 or 4 or whatever their current rank is for they failed to put away a Pakistani side that's

a.ranked in the bottom half
    b.didn't have their best players

Not a big story fellas.
    I'm the exact same. I've never warmed to Fernando at all as a Cricketer and I am always surprised when Sri Lanka turns back to him.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    125? Gary Kirsten recently replied to a question on Pathan's chances off a comeback, saying (and I quote) that he didn't need a bowler bowling at 113 kmph and blocking one end.
    That applies more to blokes like Joginder Sharma, Ganapathy and Rajat Bhatia tbh..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    So annoying when he gets Tendulkar everytime.

Worst person for one of the greatest batsman ever to be a bunny to.
    I see why The Sach was in a hurry to sign him up for Mumbai Indians..

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar

He's a clever man
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    I remember Fernando running out some Indian batsman with a direct throw from the boundary in an ODI long back and pointing to his biceps in celebration. Maybe it's a very childish reason, but I found that really annoying.

Loved him when he bowled the last English batsman in the 2007 WC though and I really like his slower balls when he gets them right.
    I think Yuvraj has commented about his throwing arm during the play. Yuvraj was in the pavilion out or next to come. That was the closest reason where I could remember him getting little mad. I may be wrong here, but cannot recall where the incident took place.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    I think Yuvraj has commented about his throwing arm during the play. Yuvraj was in the pavilion out or next to come. That was the closest reason where I could remember him getting little mad. I may be wrong here, but cannot recall where the incident took place.
    Yeah, there was something along those lines.

Banned
    India have got to win the next test as long as it doesn't rain.Without Murali/Malinga the attack doesn't have the bite.Unless Mendis has other plans that is.I dont see Ishant and Mithin taking 20 wickets either.Maybe a draw.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 25-07-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Yeah, there was something along those lines.
    And big egoed cricketers have a habit of getting in the wrong end of SL players who are very mil mannered. Yuvraj was one, trying to sledge Murali had a tough time against him for next few years, Merve Huges tried fancy things with de Silva and got duly hammered and sledged back as well, Pietersen tried the same, and had his worst series of life. Kallis was always sledging Lankans when we toured SAF, and in return reduced to an ordinary batsman on SL soil. And the when you look at people who've done well in SL it's evident that they were ones like SRT, Lara, Sehwag, Azhar, Inzamam, Ponting, Wasim, Waqar, Fleming etc, who played like real gentlemen without infuriating anyone.

Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread Information