• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless there is a dramatic comeback, Mithun and Sharma should be dropped for the next Test.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let's wait till India bat on it before we blame the pitch entirely.

For people talking about the Pak vs. Aust matches, those had 2 results. But the first test of this series had a result in 4 days (one day was washed out). So let's just chill about all the flat pitch stuff shall we?

Stapel

International Regular
Let's wait till India bat on it before we blame the pitch entirely.

For people talking about the Pak vs. Aust matches, those had 2 results. But the first test of this series had a result in 4 days (one day was washed out). So let's just chill about all the flat pitch stuff shall we?
I was thinking about that. Flat decks might be annoying, but a big score does not mean there is a flat deck per se.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
but you don't get it, Jono... subcontinent wickets are flat no matter how many results they produce.. :laugh:

And yeah, centuries again for Sanga and Paranavitana.. Would they have faced easier attacks ever in home conditions????????

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Unless there is a dramatic comeback, Mithun and Sharma should be dropped for the next Test.
Sharma is becoming a bit embarassing - not only does he not take wickets but he regularly goes for > 6rpo with the new ball. Now I know Dilshan's a bit of a different proposition and that you're likely to get hammered a bit if you can't get him out but he's truly bowled rubbish with the new ball for an extended period now and he's been outbowled in both Tests so far by someone I don't think is really anywhere near Test standard at the moment (Mithun).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sharma is becoming a bit embarassing - not only does he not take wickets but he regularly goes for > 6rpo with the new ball. Now I know Dilshan's a bit of a different proposition and that you're likely to get hammered a bit if you can't get him out but he's truly bowled rubbish with the new ball for an extended period now and he's been outbowled in both Tests so far by someone I don't think is really anywhere near Test standard at the moment (Mithun).
Haha and just as I say it..

To be fair he hasn't really been *that* bad with the older ball; it's just been his first spell he's chucked pies in. Hasn't done nearly enough to make up for it however.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
yeah.. Lara must be worried everytime this bowling line up plays for India.. :laugh:
952 and Kumble bashing in that period comes to mind. There was a banner then and it was right 'India cannot even think of beating Sri Lanka.' I shudder at the memories of those days.

Edit - I do injustice in not mentioning Nilesh Kulkarni.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope when Sri Lanka bowl they prove this is not a road, otherwise Test cricket is so crap on pitches like this. On the other side of the world we have a recently completed Test series that was tight, exciting, featured skill with both bat and ball and was close due to the wickets prepared. Compare England to this, terrible. No wonder everyone is flocking to Twenty20.

Time for Sharma to take a break from Test cricket for awhile?
Galle was not flat by any means. It's provided a result within 4 days of cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
952 and Kumble bashing in that period comes to mind. There was a banner then and it was right 'India cannot even think of beating Sri Lanka.' I shudder at the memories of those days.

Edit - I do injustice in not mentioning Nilesh Kulkarni.
lol.. The Atapattu Killer, right?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Looking at the scorecard, he gave away 81 runs less than Rajesh Chauhan. Chauhan maintaining his record of never having played in a test which India lost in fine fashion.

Spark

Global Moderator
Kiran: "The Mango's discussion is very hilarious, wonder what BCCI and Indian team would be thinking, if they come to know about we discussing mangos rather than the cricket....200 crore baby for mangos!!" I can tell you this off the record. I know at least one board official who loves his mangoes.
All I can say that it wasn't me. And :ph34r:

EDIT: Seriously check out the cricinfo commentary, it's hilarious and depressing at the same time.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
lol.. yeah, flat track and results are one thing but sounds like the cricket is annoyingly boring.
Seems so. Certainly a come-down from the fast-past see-sawing funtrain we had earlier this week. I mean... if it was 350/2 or 400/2 I would be enjoying it more, but 300/2... that just tells me that the bowling is pedestrian with nothing from the pitch and the batsmen aren't really trying.

Last edited: