• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember Fernando running out some Indian batsman with a direct throw from the boundary in an ODI long back and pointing to his biceps in celebration. Maybe it's a very childish reason, but I found that really annoying. :laugh:

Loved him when he bowled the last English batsman in the 2007 WC though and I really like his slower balls when he gets them right.
I think Yuvraj has commented about his throwing arm during the play. Yuvraj was in the pavilion out or next to come. That was the closest reason where I could remember him getting little mad. I may be wrong here, but cannot recall where the incident took place.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Yuvraj has commented about his throwing arm during the play. Yuvraj was in the pavilion out or next to come. That was the closest reason where I could remember him getting little mad. I may be wrong here, but cannot recall where the incident took place.
Yeah, there was something along those lines.

India have got to win the next test as long as it doesn't rain.Without Murali/Malinga the attack doesn't have the bite.Unless Mendis has other plans that is.I dont see Ishant and Mithin taking 20 wickets either.Maybe a draw.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, there was something along those lines.
And big egoed cricketers have a habit of getting in the wrong end of SL players who are very mil mannered. Yuvraj was one, trying to sledge Murali had a tough time against him for next few years, Merve Huges tried fancy things with de Silva and got duly hammered and sledged back as well, Pietersen tried the same, and had his worst series of life. Kallis was always sledging Lankans when we toured SAF, and in return reduced to an ordinary batsman on SL soil. And the when you look at people who've done well in SL it's evident that they were ones like SRT, Lara, Sehwag, Azhar, Inzamam, Ponting, Wasim, Waqar, Fleming etc, who played like real gentlemen without infuriating anyone.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
India have got to win the next test as long as it doesn't rain.Without Murali/Malinga the attack doesn't have the bite.Unless Mendis has other plans that is.I dont see Ishant and Mithin taking 20 wickets either.Maybe a draw.
Yes, pitch is very slow. A real borefest it would be.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah well, yuvi is a ****, isn't he? I so wish Badri did better against RSA.. though I still think he did better than Yuvi would have done.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Any chances of rain?
This is the South Western monsoon season. But it's waning on Colombo, which is drier than Galle. But rain is always in the air. When you consider than Colombo receives 2350mm of annual rain fall, and Galle 2800mm, possibly the two wettest venues of international cricket being played. (Compare to 2100 in Kandy, 1600 in Dambulla and 1000 in Hambantota)

This is the South Western monsoon season. But it's waning on Colombo, which is drier than Galle. But rain is always in the air. When you consider than Colombo receives 2350mm of annual rain fall, and Galle 2800mm, possibly the two wettest venues of international cricket being played. (Compare to 2100 in Kandy, 1600 in Dambulla and 1000 in Hambantota)
I see...wonder why SL didn't schedule matches in the other venues then?

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I see...wonder why SL didn't schedule matches in the other venues then?
Dambulla is used only for limited over matches and the stadiums in Hambantota and Kandy are still under construction. Anyway, the rain has significantly reduced in Colombo compared to last week.

Last edited:

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
Why does it seem to an outsider the India don't take into account there first class system when selecting new players. Raina has looked good in the IPL that I've watched but there are others with better records, what be up with that and **** yo.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Raina and Vijay in for India!

Gambhir out with a knee injury, and Yuvraj out with the flu.

Lostman

State Captain
SL change their whole bowling lineup.
Never seen that before.
And unfortunately for SL Yuvraj is injured.

Umar_Akmal

Banned
From cricinfo

Valerio: "It's like a local 4th grade match. Inexperienced bowler, 2nd balls goes for 4 byes,what next..... Are India really ranked 1 in the world ?" Ouch! :laugh:

Howsie

International Captain
Both Indian opening bowlers haven't bowled full enough during this opening period, espeically Sharma. As Mithun has shown on the odd occasion against Paranavitana if you keep the ball pitched up you'll trouble him with the little amount of late movement he's getting.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This match is being played on a Monday why??

Is it school holidays perhaps in Sri Lanka??