• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can understand you feeling that way, Jono but they have gone ahead with the change of leaving the light decision to the umps now and with the new rules as it is, I guess you gotta stay out there till it reaches the reading they had marked out as being too low for play... Not great but I feel this is better than the old rule of going off every time there was a cloud about and your team was not in a great position...

Good knock from Sachin and nice support from Dravid but get the feeling we were asking too much from this rusty line up on a decent wicket for bowling. The bowling is where we lost this match and that is that... Gotta think if it was a good option to play a half fit Bhajji.. I know Mishra was bad but at least he would have been 100%...
If from now on they don't go off in that light, I'll be happy. We shall see.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Absorbing day of cricket. Happy to see Murali maintain his 6 wpm more than anything. Gutted SRT didn't hit No.48. Sri Lanka to take this test most certainly. Any chance of a draw or even a freak win would require Laxman and Dhoni to ton up and one of our second string fast bowlers to give the performance of their lives( A la Agarkar at Adelaide 2003) and Harbhajan to bowl exceedingly well. Not happening though.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Looks like the Indian batting wasn't really up to the task today. I am really hoping Murali gets these last two wickets for the 800.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Absorbing day of cricket. Happy to see Murali maintain his 6 wpm more than anything. Gutted SRT didn't hit No.48. Sri Lanka to take this test most certainly. Any chance of a draw or even a freak win would require Laxman and Dhoni to ton up and one of our second string fast bowlers to give the performance of their lives( A la Agarkar at Adelaide 2003) and Harbhajan to bowl exceedingly well. Not happening though.
Rain. :ph34r:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL should take this if not for rain. Tomorrow Malinga should open with Murali and see what happens. Dhoni is not known to play inswingers well early in the innings.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
A very disappointing game for India. Losing within 4 days is sad. Can only pull up their socks and get ready for the next one. Wish at least Tendulkar had got the century. Somehow the middle order doesn't seem solid any more but this is still the first test in sometime. Hopefully we make a better fist of things in the next match.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Murali though was truly awesome. He seems to have rolled back the years to show how great a bowler he is. His best bowling in a long time.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Murali though was truly awesome. He seems to have rolled back the years to show how great a bowler he is. His best bowling in a long time.
Kumble performed loads better in his last game with all the pressure off him. Could be something similar.