Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1716

Thread: *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    No captain deserves to be cut some slack if they put everyone out on the boundary immediately simply because a tailender is now in alongside the top order batsman, and they want to just try and get the tailender out.

It's poor captaincy, whether you're missing your top bowlers or not.
    That's one of my pet hates, see Australia Versus Pakistan in Sydney in 2010, Mohammed Yousuf is an idiot, and that theory is a cancer

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    yep. and seeing 4 men in the deep for Laxman, esp. a long off was ASTOUNDING for me.. He never goes down the track to spinners anymore and he never hit them over mid off even on his best days...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George.Hinton View Post
    Dhoni surely needs to be cut some slack as well. India are surely starting to feel the impact of Kumble's retirement now.

He lost his first choice new ball attack before the series started and lost Harbhajan for the decisive third test.
    I am not sure if its the impact of Kumble so much.

More like the impact of Zaheer and Sreesanth not being their and the unbelievable woefulness of Ishant and Mithun

What exactly has gone on with Ishant since he burst onto the scene in Australia ? Is he jsut now still being picked on that potential and reputation ?

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    yep. and seeing 4 men in the deep for Laxman, esp. a long off was ASTOUNDING for me.. He never goes down the track to spinners anymore and he never hit them over mid off even on his best days...
    TBF, he doesn't need to dance down the track to collect boundaries down the ground with those wrists of his, I remember he hit one from the crease against Randiv early on. I agree Sanga's willingness to allow Sachin and Laxman take singles at will was inexplicable though.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post

That's the pick for you, Irish_Opener

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    Speaking of crap captains. I'm nervous about what Sanga would do tomorrow.
    Tendulkar didn't look he wanted to score tonight, yet there was a deep point, midwicket and long on. On top of that there was no slip when Randiv was bowling to him from round the wicket. Randiv has a good top spinner and he had already picked up Sehwag at slip.
    Haha got this right. It was painful watching the Indian chase.
    Anyway congrats to India on drawing the series, and more than justifying their number 1 rank.
    Draw away is as good as a win.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    Haha got this right. It was painful watching the Indian chase.
    Anyway congrats to India on drawing the series, and more than justifying their number 1 rank.
    Draw away is as good as a win.
    Strauss did the same today in the Pak-Eng match.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Strauss did the same today in the Pak-Eng match.
    And was worse...
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 7 years and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by Rant0r View Post
    What exactly has gone on with Ishant since he burst onto the scene in Australia ? Is he jsut now still being picked on that potential and reputation ?
    Off the top of my poor memory, he bowled well against Australia in India and also against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and in India.

EDIT: He had that Test against South Africa; did okay in Sri Lanka; did well against Australia and England in India and cashed in against Bangladesh. He has not spent much time outside the subcontinent and so there are some good performances mentioned above along with some mediocre ones imbetween.
    Last edited by Manee; 08-08-2010 at 03:39 PM.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    Off the top of my poor memory, he bowled well against Australia in India and also against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and in India.

EDIT: He had that Test against South Africa; did okay in Sri Lanka; did well against Australia and England in India and cashed in against Bangladesh. He has not spent much time outside the subcontinent and so there are some good performances mentioned above along with some mediocre ones imbetween.
    He can be a good bowler still if he works hard enough.Needs to stop playing worthless ODIs and focus on tests.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 08-08-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    He can be a good bowler still if he works hard enough.Needs to stop playing worthless ODIs and focuses on tests.
    He is not a first choice ODI bowler these days anyway because of him lacking the variations.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    He is not a first choice ODI bowler these days anyway because of him lacking the variations.
    He SHOULD not be first choice in ODIs.. I would rather see us playing with two spinners in these ODIs now... Esp. against NZ who are not as comfortable against spin, at least from what I have seen.

Anyone reckon Praveen Kumar should get a go in the test side? Bowling can't get any worse anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Anyone reckon Praveen Kumar should get a go in the test side? Bowling can't get any worse anyway.
    I think that he is worth a shot, but not on a short term basis. He is not a bowler who will perform in every game, but when the ball is swinging, he could pick up two or three in his first spell and that can really turn a game.

Thread Information