• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Lostman

State Captain
Speaking of crap captains. I'm nervous about what Sanga would do tomorrow.
Tendulkar didn't look he wanted to score tonight, yet there was a deep point, midwicket and long on. On top of that there was no slip when Randiv was bowling to him from round the wicket. Randiv has a good top spinner and he had already picked up Sehwag at slip.:@
Haha got this right. It was painful watching the Indian chase.
Anyway congrats to India on drawing the series, and more than justifying their number 1 rank.
Draw away is as good as a win.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What exactly has gone on with Ishant since he burst onto the scene in Australia ? Is he jsut now still being picked on that potential and reputation ?
Off the top of my poor memory, he bowled well against Australia in India and also against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and in India.

EDIT: He had that Test against South Africa; did okay in Sri Lanka; did well against Australia and England in India and cashed in against Bangladesh. He has not spent much time outside the subcontinent and so there are some good performances mentioned above along with some mediocre ones imbetween.

Last edited:
Off the top of my poor memory, he bowled well against Australia in India and also against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and in India.

EDIT: He had that Test against South Africa; did okay in Sri Lanka; did well against Australia and England in India and cashed in against Bangladesh. He has not spent much time outside the subcontinent and so there are some good performances mentioned above along with some mediocre ones imbetween.
He can be a good bowler still if he works hard enough.Needs to stop playing worthless ODIs and focus on tests.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is not a first choice ODI bowler these days anyway because of him lacking the variations.
He SHOULD not be first choice in ODIs.. I would rather see us playing with two spinners in these ODIs now... Esp. against NZ who are not as comfortable against spin, at least from what I have seen.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Anyone reckon Praveen Kumar should get a go in the test side? Bowling can't get any worse anyway.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone reckon Praveen Kumar should get a go in the test side? Bowling can't get any worse anyway.
I think that he is worth a shot, but not on a short term basis. He is not a bowler who will perform in every game, but when the ball is swinging, he could pick up two or three in his first spell and that can really turn a game.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think he'd be an option where India can play three seamers. I'm not sure that he'd be someone I'd want in the sub-continent as one of two seamers.

However, maybe their hand will be forced with injuries and workload, and from the sounds of things the fella who played alongside Ishant wasn't that much chop. It's not always an ideal world.

jezibear

Cricket Spectator
i hate to disappoint u all but ponting is very over rated as a captain. i reakon sanga and dhoni actually are very good at reading matches and situations. the last top class captains were micheal vaughen and stephen fleming. they set unusual fields and used left field tactics. thats wat test cricket should be regardless of country the pitch or the ability of bowlers/batsmen

jezibear

Cricket Spectator
Disagree on it being SC thing, I find all the captains these days are too defensive and too timid to take any chances. In fact, I find Ponting and Smith the wost offenders of this.
i hate to disappoint u all but ponting is very over rated as a captain. i reakon sanga and dhoni actually are very good at reading matches and situations. the last top class captains were micheal vaughen and stephen fleming. they set unusual fields and used left field tactics. thats wat test cricket should be regardless of country the pitch or the ability of bowlers/batsmen