Page 100 of 115 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1716

Thread: *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I want it so so bad, that I've just put even more money on Sri Lanka to win.

I need something to cushion the disappointment if we lose tomorrow. Money is the only thing that can do that
    An Avatar bet? I am saying Tendulkar will get a 100, for 2 weeks after tri series is finished.

I won't bet on it but I maintain India have a maximum of 15% chance of winning this game. If If we do manage to win it, and/or if Tendulkar wins it for India then it is going to be well remembered as one of the classic tests. I want India giving a fight and making it a thriller. That will be good enough for me even if we lose given the difficult batting conditions. That is all I ask from the remaining batsmen. The bowlers, though, damn they were inexcusable, lacking in discipline, lacking in talent, whatever words you want to put there.

Banned
    I don't think this pitch is much worse than the one in Galle if that.No Murali to contend with this time around either....I am just peeved that the Vijay catch was given...50/2 would have been a decent position...

Tendu's wicket is obv key.He fell in the first over on day 3...he's got to last at least 20-25 times that if India are to have a decent shot.The pitch will ease out post lunch most probably,and if Ind still have Laxman,Dhoni,Raina,Mithun I would back them to get even 130-150.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I don't think this pitch is much worse than the one in Galle if that.No Murali to contend with this time around either....I am just peeved that the Vijay catch was given...50/2 would have been a decent position...

Tendu's wicket is obv key.He fell in the first over on day 3...he's got to last at least 20-25 times that if India are to have a decent shot.The pitch will ease out post lunch most probably,and if Ind still have Laxman,Dhoni,Raina,Mithun I would back them to get even 130-150.
    This pitch is crap right now. Didn't you see Ojha in the first session and then Randiv with the new ball getting turns like they were? There is some thing in it for the pacers too as Ishant in first session and Malinga in last showed.
    Last edited by Pratters; 06-08-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    This pitch is crap right now. Didn't you see Ojha in the first session and then Randiv with the new ball getting turns like they were? There is some thing in it for the pacers too as Ishant in first session and Malinga in last showed.
    There is something in it when the ball is new....which is why the first session will be important.If Ind can go into lunch at say,150/5 at worst,I would back the last 5 to get the remaining 100 odd esp if Tendu is there.

vcs
    Yeah Randiv is looking like a world-beater on this track, like Ojha did in the morning session, I don't think they are quite there yet TBF. Our batsmen should really be looking at how Samaraweera played, play it late with soft hands.

Damien Martyn's innings against Harbhajan and Kumble in Chennai 2004 also comes to mind, the one where he had Gillespie for company, he played so beautifully for someone who grew up on the Perth wicket.

That partnership broke my heart. As did the rain on day 5
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

There is something in it when the ball is new....which is why the first session will be important.If Ind can go into lunch at say,150/5 at worst,I would back the last 5 to get the remaining 100 odd esp if Tendu is there.
    Too much dependency on Tendulkar is not good for health. We saw what happened in first innings when we expected Tendulkar and Sehwag to give us a lead, by batting out a session on day 3.
    Anyways, iam expecting laxman to put some resistance and Dhoni to make a 20.
    Lanks to win this by 100 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Speaking of crap captains. I'm nervous about what Sanga would do tomorrow.
    Tendulkar didn't look he wanted to score tonight, yet there was a deep point, midwicket and long on. On top of that there was no slip when Randiv was bowling to him from round the wicket. Randiv has a good top spinner and he had already picked up Sehwag at slip.

As a positive deciding to open the bowling with Randiv over Welegedera was a very inspired move.

Also hope I never see Welegedera near the SL test team after this test. Definition of medium pace pie chucker, not fast, no swing in the air and horrible seam position. Only way he can get wickets is the Harmison way; short wide and hope the batsmen screws up.
    Tbh, prefer no ball junction Fernando over him in the short term, while waiting for Thushara to get healthy.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Banned
    Yeah Wele has the been the worst of SL's bowlers but he's got Sehwag thrice in this series alone..thrice in five innings

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neutralguy View Post
    Too much dependency on Tendulkar is not good for health. We saw what happened in first innings when we expected Tendulkar and Sehwag to give us a lead, by batting out a session on day 3.
    Anyways, iam expecting laxman to put some resistance and Dhoni to make a 20.
    Lanks to win this by 100 runs.
    Yeah.As much as I'm hoping for an Ind win,it really is improbable..at least seems that way right now.Just hope Ishant farms the strike so there's no question of Tendu getting out early

Yeah Wele has the been the worst of SL's bowlers but he's got Sehwag thrice in this series alone..thrice in five innings
    Bowls too slowly and upsets Sehwag's natural rhythm is all I can come up with. I have not watched any of the Welegedera pie fest.

To Harmison balls

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    To Harmison balls
    yes..or as I would call it Halwa balls

You make a good point about Sanga setting defensive fields despite being on top.I think all Asian teams tend to be ultra-defensive which is a reason why we get a lot of draws in the SC.Dhoni was way too defensive against Mendis and Samaraweera....

Goodnight folks. I am really lucky I am on a break of sorts and will be able to see the play tomorrow. Come on India!

Thread Information