• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok the last time I asked this everyone ignored me..so I am gonna make one more attempt

I understand that Zaheer and Sreesanth are injured.

What about Nehra and RP Singh?? Are they fit?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Rp Singh's alpine apparently exploded. Nehra? Lol Nehra.

Seriously though, both should be fit but the selectors are going for youngsters atm. Not the brightest idea with the WC around the corner next year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
RP Singh's intl career is over but Nehra could get another go. Still got some swing and decent pace(130-140k). Not sure about his accuracy these days.
He's a pie-chucker. I have more faith in RP getting his act back together really, even though "more" translates into "very, very little" in this instance. Not saying Nehra won't get another Test at some point but he'll still be rubbish if he does.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nehra hasn't played sustained FC cricket for a while. RP Singh was poor in his last Ranji season, despite getting through a lot of overs. This rules both of them out, imo.

Mithun is actually an okay selection because his last Ranji season was good, but someone like Vinay Kumar, Praveen Kumar or Dhawal Kulkarni (who did well in the A team tour which has just concluded) would be my preferences. However, BCCI is reluctant to select bowlers who bowl at 125kph, imo, it is better than bowlers who bowl 130kph and have no idea where the ball is landing.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Time to chuck Mishra and Ojha out of the intl side for a few games imo and try other options. Piyush Chawla is overdue for a second go and Ravi Ashwin is another option waiting to be tested. Ashwin could play a similar role to Graeme Swann in the test side. No.8 batsman and the 4th bowler.

R_D

International Debutant
Ok the last time I asked this everyone ignored me..so I am gonna make one more attempt

I understand that Zaheer and Sreesanth are injured.

What about Nehra and RP Singh?? Are they fit?
Also Nehra doesn't want to play tests anymore.. concentrating on ODI and T20 only.

Test matches take too much of a toll in his body apparently... he's very fragile.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching some short highlights on CricketCrowd and it doesn't look like India's bowlers have bowled too badly; the pitch looks flat - a lot of fours hit off half decent deliveries.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah exactly, let's wait until SL have a bat beforejudging the Indian attack too harshly. Even accounting for his recent form, Ishant Sharma going for 5 an over is pretty unusual.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Yeah exactly, let's wait until SL have a bat beforejudging the Indian attack too harshly. Even accounting for his recent form, Ishant Sharma going for 5 an over is pretty unusual.
Umm.. so we wait until yesterday? Alright, got it. Sounds good.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like I said, wait until India have a bat.

EDIT: Yes I did have to read my post a coupel of times before picking up the mistake. So what, wanna fight about it?

Himannv

International Coach
SLC as usual schedule games in the middle of the rainy season. Its happened so often now that I'm not even surprised. Money is all they see.