Perfect? Nah, but decent. You play them ok
You lean back on the square cut and are off balance. Start in a good position but finish in a bad one as you lose control of the shot.
The weight transfer and movement to the pitch is poor on the off drive. However, the left elbow and face of the bat is beautiful. It looks very pretty.
If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits
West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma
AWTA - the off drive could be better - if this batsman was playing on a grass pitch with a seaming wicket he would be in trouble. He plays the shot with his feet anchored to the crease.
Please post better clips in the future.
1) Ross is Boss.
2) See point 1.
Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.
Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul
Opened the two videos expecting a vintage Brian Lara square cut and Michael Hussey on the drive.
Disappointed now. I would like my five seconds back please.
- You are too tense in your stance, loosening up a bit will help your balance.
- The back foot off drive is hit a little bit across the line, try to hit more through the ball. As Hurricane said if the ball seams or bounces a bit, or even if it was bowled by a faster bowler, you would be in big trouble.
- You seem to be a predominantly back foot player, I wanna see how you play those full balls on off and middle stump.
- Square Cut was good, would have loved to see your follow through though.
1. Wrong title.
2. Suckish clips
3.If you wanted help on these, post it on coaching place on the forum
4. You have been judged on your first post.
Originally Posted by zaremba
Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!
Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 7 years and counting!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)