• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Associate XI

Val Hallan

Banned
This is my best team of the associate nations for ODI/T20/FC (in batting order) -

Best XI

1. Niall O'Brien (wk)
    [*]John Davison (v-c)
    [*]William Porterfield (c)
    [*]Neil McCallum
    [*]Alexei Kervezee
    [*]Jan-Berrie Burger
    [*]Mohammad Shahzad
    [*]Ryan Ten Doeschate
    [*]Edgar Schiferli
    [*]Hamid Hasan
    [*]John Blain

Reserves

12. Loius Klazinga
13. Michael Pedersen
14. Khurram Khan
15. Kennedy Otieno(wk)
16. Rizwan Cheema

This team will take on the Full Time World XI.

stumpski

International Captain
Boyd Rankin in there too I reckon. Blain has more or less quit the game from what I read last year.

But welcome btw. I had to google Norfolk Island(s) to find out its location. Always interesting to get someone from one of the game's more exotic outposts. Do you have a team there?

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely would have Boyd Rankin in there. Also what about Thomas Odoyo, I'm not aware of him retiring? ten Doeschate in the top four/five too, IMO hes too good of a batsman to be placed at number eight.

Val Hallan

Banned
Boyd Rankin in there too I reckon. Blain has more or less quit the game from what I read last year.

But welcome btw. I had to google Norfolk Island(s) to find out its location. Always interesting to get someone from one of the game's more exotic outposts. Do you have a team there?
Rankin & Dockrell will be here after a few years

Just a small local team we support the Aussies here tx

Val Hallan

Banned
Definitely would have Boyd Rankin in there. Also what about Thomas Odoyo, I'm not aware of him retiring? ten Doeschate in the top four/five too, IMO hes too good of a batsman to be placed at number eight.
Odoyo is retired Ten D will be flexible

what do u think of the others ??

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You missed out on Freddie Klokker and Peter Seeler :)

Definite shoe-ins for the first team IMO. Tikolo also, unless he's retired.

Seren Waters in for Pederson and Cheema should replace JB Burger in the first team.

My team:

1. Niall O'Brien (wk)
2. Rizwan Cheema
3. John Davison (c)
4. Ryan Ten Doeschate
5. Alexei Kervezee
6. Freddie Klokker (vc)(reserve wk)
7. Alex Cusack
8. Peter Seelar
9. Edgar Schiferli
10. Hamid Hasan
11. Boyd Rankin

12. Paul Stirling
13. Seren Waters
14. Mohammad Shahzad
15. Steve Tikolo
16. Neil McCallum

Last edited:

Val Hallan

Banned
^u cant exclude porterfield

who is a better batsman pedersen or klokker??

give reasons

Last edited:

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
^u cant exclude porterfield

who is a better batsman pedersen or klokker??

give reasons
Kolkker plays in England (Derbyshire?), higher standard of cricket, plus i like what little I've seen of him. Pedersen, to my knowledge, plays only in Denmark plus Klokker has a better average according to cricinfo.

Michael Pedersen
Freddie Klokker

Regarding Poterfield, I just don't rate him very highly. Nial and Kevin, Cusack, Stirling and Mooney are better batsmen in my opinion. :) Plus as Migara said, Cheema is a big hitter and one of the bset associate batsmen along with Ten Doeschate and Tikolo.

Last edited: