View Poll Results: Scrapping Of 50 Overs Format?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree?

8 27.59%
  • Disagree?

21 72.41%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Scrapping the 50 Over Format?

Opinion on Scrapping the 50 Over Format?

Hi friends, i knw its not fair to go against a format which entertained us for so long! Being a true cricket lover even i feel sad to bring this topic on my own but lets face reality wen other sports are growing so fast & Cricket is unable to spread its wings one of the main reason being the duration & pace of the game! The world is getting busier day after day in such state u cant expect people to sit & watch a game that's 7 - 8hrs long. Even a sport has to change with the changing environment to survive. How many of u agree 50 Overs had to be scraped... I personally feel 2015 CWC should be the last for 50 Overs format. Its a waste to spend so much investment on a format which no newer fans will be interested in. Pls post ur opinions & Votes???
    Last edited by laksh_01; 12-06-2010 at 09:33 AM.
    Friends, I've started a group for all the WCL fans on facebook. So, who ever is interested pls join... Search "Non-Test Cricket Playing Nations!" in facebook. Thanks...

Cricket Is The Best Sport On Earth, It Deserves More Respect, More Partispating Nations & More Fans. Lets Do Our Best To Spread The Game, Friends.

<<<<<LAKSH>>>>>

Banned
    No, rather scrap International T20s.

scrap 5 day tests, 3 and 4 day first class games and 50 over matches...we should have t20, t10 and t5 games in their stead...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Scrap 50 overs and just have Tests and 20/20 IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Scrap hideous spelling mistakes in thread titles, IMO.

Scrap the 50 overs and the T20 and let's have a four innings of 25 overs. It's similar to test where you can bat twice but a shorter version of it.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Scrap England and Australia playing each other incessantly in ODIs.

Scrap NZ having injuries to key personnel during key tournaments or games against Aussie.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Scrap the crappy fans.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Don't mind ODI's but they are killing it, imo. Need to play less irrelevant ODI's, not more.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by laksh_01 View Post
    Hi friends, i knw its not fair to go against a format which entertained us for so long! Being a true cricket lover even i feel sad to bring this topic on my own but lets face reality wen other sports are growing so fast & Cricket is unable to spread its wings one of the main reason being the duration & pace of the game! The world is getting busier day after day in such state u cant expect people to sit & watch a game that's 7 - 8hrs long. Even a sport has to change with the changing environment to survive. How many of u agree 50 Overs had to be scraped... I personally feel 2015 CWC should be the last for 50 Overs format. Its a waste to spend so much investment on a format which no newer fans will be interested in. Pls post ur opinions & Votes???
    Im not saying Im correct or that everyone should think like me but growing up I would never have considered 'a true cricket fan' caring about ODIs in the slightest.

A day out, knock around entertainment that helped subsidise Tests. Nothing more than that and carrying no real substance. Ive always found it amusing to hear fans of ODIs complaining about T20s as ODIs are not real cricket.

It could be seen as snobbish but I wouldnt say so as everyone I knew thought the same, ODIs were cheap tat that no one with any real claim to being a 'true cricket fan' placed any value in.

Now, T20 is similar to how ODIs were but, IMO, does it better. So yeah. For me 50 over cricket can go. It only existed for a reason and to fill a need and that need doesnt exist anymore. It was never really loved by many. It was a functional format. There will be some that want it due to familiarity and growing up with it but 10 years after it is gone it will be seen as a dinosaur.
    Last edited by Goughy; 12-06-2010 at 09:54 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

No way. Keep it. It's fine as it is. The way forward for the game is not to cannibalise itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Until the format becomes unprofitable, it will continue to exist. The limited overs game continues to be a money winner as the game still has plenty of fans.

It will be a great loss the day they scrap the format. 50 over cricket has developed such a strong history now of great wins and the legacy of many players is forged on limited overs performances.

Banned
    50 ovs is really boring and is killing the sport

Pro 35 Evolution is the best replacement alongwith World Test Championship and very few T20s

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Until the format becomes unprofitable, it will continue to exist. The limited overs game continues to be a money winner as the game still has plenty of fans.

It will be a great loss the day they scrap the format. 50 over cricket has developed such a strong history now of great wins and the legacy of many players is forged on limited overs performances.
    it runs in empty stadiums except in India

just look at soccer

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Can we just lock these threads. It's getting ridiculous
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information