• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thu Jun 17
Only ODI - Ireland v Australia
Clontarf Cricket Club Ground, Dublin

Sat Jun 19
Middlesex v Australians
Lord's, London

Tue Jun 22
1st ODI - England v Australia
The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Thu Jun 24
2nd ODI - England v Australia
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

Sun Jun 27
3rd ODI - England v Australia
Old Trafford, Manchester

Wed Jun 30
4th ODI - England v Australia
Kennington Oval, London

Sat Jul 3
5th ODI - England v Australia
Lord's, London

pskov

International 12th Man
Finding it difficult to get excited about this series really, it just feels a bit.... flat without either preceding or following an Ashes series. Still it'll probably be good cricket to watch.

Aus to win 3-2 for my money.

FBU

International Debutant
Australia
Ricky Ponting (c), Michael Clarke (vc), Doug Bollinger, Ryan Harris, Nathan Hauritz, Josh Hazlewood, James Hopes, Michael Hussey, Clint McKay, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, Steven Smith, Shane Watson, Cameron White.

England
Andrew Strauss (c), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Paul Collingwood, Craig Kieswetter (wk), Eoin Morgan, Kevin Pietersen, Ryan Sidebottom, Graeme Swann, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy.

TumTum

Banned
Reckon Dougy and Harris wil be given some breaks, so hopefully we see Hazlewood play a few matches. Really don't rate McKay but meh..

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to say i find it difficult to get excited about the endless pointless one day series teams seem to play.The only ones that really matter are the ones in the World Cup,yes i accept that in the lead up to it we need to be playing plenty of ODI's but it still doesn't get the blood pumping like a test would despite it being the convicts over here.

Spark

Global Moderator
I have to say i find it difficult to get excited about the endless pointless one day series teams seem to play.The only ones that really matter are the ones in the World Cup,yes i accept that in the lead up to it we need to be playing plenty of ODI's but it still doesn't get the blood pumping like a test would despite it being the convicts over here.
Won't we have played each other like 20 times in two years up to the WC?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
These teams had like a 7 game series not that long ago. They are going to make people sick of ODIs if they are not careful.

I hope England makes it competitive.

We're playing for England. Engerlund.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon Dougy and Harris wil be given some breaks, so hopefully we see Hazlewood play a few matches. Really don't rate McKay but meh..
McKay might be successful early on, when they haven't quite grasped how to pick his slower one. I remember a game where he bowled it pretty much every ball in an over other than one and the Indians didn't have too much of a clue on how to play it. The downside is that his quicker ball seemed pretty harmless in the Indian conditions. However, with the summer that we're having in the UK, with plenty of rain, humidity and cloud cover, I doubt that'll be much of an issue. It'll be interesting to see how Bollinger does, he had a disaster when he came to England a few years back for county cricket, I'll assume that it was down to poor form rather than the brand of ball or the conditions or whatever, but should be interesting.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Won't we have played each other like 20 times in two years up to the WC?
Yup, 7 ODI series after the Ashes, CT semi final, this series, and another 7 match series in Australia.

Plus 5 T20Is in that time frame as well. Almost getting to be as bad as Sri Lanka v India.