• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England

King Pietersen

International Captain
When you stand on leg stump and dont move you're feet, you're a sitting duck against guys like Tait

Prior is a much better batsman
Didn't look too bad in the T20 WC.

Prior's a better Test batsman. There is no way on earth he is a better One Day option for England though. Has been tried and tested in ODi's in a wide range of batting positions and been useless at every one of them. He's been doing pretty well for Sussex in T20's this year, but a couple of good weeks don't make up for a career of dire LO's batting. Steven Davies is a better batsman, but I have no problem with Kieswetter being preferred ATM. He's scored runs, outplayed Davies by miles in the Lions side and scored runs against the Aussies in the World T20 final. He'll come good and make a score at least once in this series.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway, England strolling this at the moment. Pace certainly makes a difference, fairly nothing balls from Tait, extra KPHs always making it easier to make a mistake, but this pitch was always a 260+

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
In these short spells, Tait is looking quite good, tbh. Up around 91mph in his third spell, which is pretty good pace and seems to still be rushing the batsmen. Reckon he can hold a permanent spot if he continues to bowl like this. A full strength attack of Bollinger, Johnson, Tait and Hauritz looks very strong, to me - with Harris sitting out incase someone is out of form.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yes Tait has been good and exposed how good Keysweater is really against good pace. I am not at all impressed by the wicketkeeper opener but he is value in T20s.

stumpski

International Captain
I'm sure the footballers will take heart from a win in the cricket though. :thumbsup:

If it happens that is - exit Colly.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Tait has been good and exposed how good Keysweater is really against good pace. I am not at all impressed by the wicketkeeper opener but he is value in T20s.
I don't think one dismissal says that he is poor against pace.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I don't think one dismissal says that he is poor against pace.
Especially considering he made 63 against Tait, Nannes and Johnson only a few weeks ago. I see this being an ongoing pattern in Kieswetter's career. Has a couple of low scores > people write him off as not good enough and riddled with technical errors > he comes back and makes a big score. Has already happened twice. Was being slagged off after 2 innings in Bangladesh but made a century in the 3rd game, and then was slagged off throughout the World T20 before coming good at the end of the tournament. I think people need to give him more of a chance TBH.

Sir Alex

Banned
Especially considering he made 63 against Tait, Nannes and Johnson only a few weeks ago. I see this being an ongoing pattern in Kieswetter's career. Has a couple of low scores > people write him off as not good enough and riddled with technical errors > he comes back and makes a big score. Has already happened twice. Was being slagged off after 2 innings in Bangladesh but made a century in the 3rd game, and then was slagged off throughout the World T20 before coming good at the end of the tournament. I think people need to give him more of a chance TBH.
Who cares about a T20 match mate, not long back Murali Vijay scored 124 at 200 SR against Warne, Tait,Watto etc.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Awful comparison. Scoring runs on a flat pitch in India against an IPL attack is a little different to scoring a quickfire 63 against a world class pace attack, chasing a good total in a World tournament final.

Sir Alex

Banned
Awful comparison. Scoring runs on a flat pitch in India against an IPL attack is a little different to scoring a quickfire 63 against a world class pace attack, chasing a good total in a World tournament final.
Anyway my point was merely that it is illogical to base your conclusions only off 1 T20 performance. Bowlers are not machines and on an off day they could go offcolor. Anyway, one days allow bowlers more than 4 overs to do their stuff.

Balming performance by English cricket team for their soccer team's failures. A walloping indeed!