• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of a curating balls-up if this pitch really is slow and low, given how badly we suck on those pitches.

Uppercut

It somewhat negates Australia too though.
I don't think that's even true, Australia won an ODI series in India not long ago. They struggle a lot more in seaming conditions where Ireland excel, and Australia's attack doesn't scare me as much as it might. Think we missed a trick tbh.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Hats off to Tim Paine, he's determined. I wonder how well he would play without having the pressure of holding onto his spot in the side in the back of his mind.

snap as I submitted the post the live scorecard updated. Baah.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really think that, especially with Watson in the team, Aussies look to be one batter short. Should have Smith in there in place of Hopes or Hauritz IMO.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Really think that, especially with Watson in the team, Aussies look to be one batter short. Should have Smith in there in place of Hopes or Hauritz IMO.
I wouldn't say its due to Watson, he is a high quality ODI batsman. I just think his bowling makes it needless to have Hopes in the team over a genuine batsman.

Uppercut

Hauritz is doing the job here, in any case. The problem will solve itself when Midge comes back.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Hopes has never really fit into the ODI side for mine. Jack of all trades, master of ****ing none.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't say its due to Watson, he is a high quality ODI batsman. I just think his bowling makes it needless to have Hopes in the team over a genuine batsman.
Haha yeah that's what I meant, I just worded it very poorly; given the extra bowling option that Watson supplies, Australia can afford to play a proper batsman instead of someone like Hopes, or at least a young promising bloke like Smith.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This could be a good upset for Ireland if they just string a partnership together.

Uppercut

Finished on 231/9. Delighted with that. I'm very rarely dissatisfied with an Irish performance in the field these days.

Uppercut

Distinct possibility. But as I say, the Australian attack isn't as ominous as it might be. If Tait, Nannes or Lee were playing I'd be much more concerned. Last time we played them Tait and McGrath went nuts and skittled us for 91.

_Ed_

Looks like a very good effort from the Irish in Australia's innings. Well done to them, and I hope they acquit themselves well in the chase.

Jayzamann

International Regular
James Brayshaw just said the England ODIs that don't conflict with Wimbledon are going to be on channel 9. Score, even less sleep.

Forgetting the type of opposition Ireland come up against, Porterfield has a very commendable ODI record.