• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His head is cod ordinary, and there's the proof he really has become a Pom.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Take the "oh but Saj has better figures this season" ****e elsewhere. He's ****. He was **** when he was "improved" in each of the last many seasons. He was **** last week. He was **** yesterday. He will be **** tomorrow. DO NOT PICK THAT WASTE OF SPACE.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Take the "oh but Saj has better figures this season" ****e elsewhere. He's ****. He was **** when he was "improved" in each of the last many seasons. He was **** last week. He was **** yesterday. He will be **** tomorrow. DO NOT PICK THAT WASTE OF SPACE.
Anyone would think he doesn't play for Durham. :)

FBU

International Debutant
I get the feeling that Shahzad is just cover. Anderson and Shahzad to play in the game against Scotland giving Sidebottom extra time to get over his injury and Bresnan returns to the squad after his 20/20 v Leics on Sunday and then the WC winning team to play the 1st ODI v Australia. Of course Strauss replacing Lumb.

Australia
Watson, Paine, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, White, Hopes, Smith, Harris, McKay, Bollinger

Flem274*

123/5
Tell us what you really think. :p

andyc

Nah, from an outsider's point of view at least, Scaly's dead on. Saj was deadset atrocious in Australia, and while that's hardly a new thing for an English seamer, his other performances haven't exactly reversed the trend. In the Mark Ramprakash/Mohammad Sami category for mine.

Last edited:

morgieb

Ramprakash was actually a good player who just didn't crack test cricket mentally. I doubt Sami and Saj were ever good apart from a few good spells in their career.

andyc

Was more trying to get at the fact that they've got decent FC records but have shown time and time again that they're just not able to back it up in Tests.

morgieb

Was more trying to get at the fact that they've got decent FC records but have shown time and time again that they're just not able to back it up in Tests.
Average of 32 (from Saj) isn't really that decent, tbf.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I was never saying Saj should be considered for the test team. I just think it's important to make sure we have people able to take wickets for the world cup, I don't think defensive restrict-the-run-rate bowling is going to cut it in India. Now would seem to be a good time to try out options.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I read in the preview that this pitch was low and slow. Pleasing to see Ireland not let Australia make a mockery of that.

Burgey

LOL commentator describing Clarke as a "fluent" ODI player.

About as fluent as me playing the violin.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
LOL commentator describing Clarke as a "fluent" ODI player.

About as fluent as me playing the violin.
Gone for a duck aswell. Although I'm not sure it was out, it should of gone to 3rd umpire looking at the replay.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Clarke's dismissal was a bit dodgy.

Perhaps if Ireland want to be taken seriously as a cricketing country they could start by getting some video umpiring facilities...