• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England

Sir Alex

Banned
For the record, I think we have been dire for a big part of our cricketing history but we are number one now. However that has no bearing on assessing Australia.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For the record, I think we have been dire for a big part of our cricketing history but we are number one now. However that has no bearing on assessing Australia.
It has everything to do with assessing them when you're comparing the teams around them, which one must do when talking about rankings which are, after all, indicia of where one team lies in relatino to another.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It has everything to do with assessing them when you're comparing the teams around them, which one must do when talking about rankings which are, after all, indicia of where one team lies in relatino to another.
yeah :laugh: There clearly is a relation between the two

TumTum

Banned
Australia dropped from No.1 to No.4 in test rankings in a span of just over a year iirc. If that is not a huge drop, I don't know what is.
That is misleading. We were #1 and after we lost the last Ashes Test, we dropped to #4.

I made a comment about this long time ago, but Australia lost way too much points for just losing one Test. It was 8 points I think.

Sir Alex

Banned
In the context of this thread.

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: Australia have lost their best bowler from the last game. Harris injured with a niggle to his groin, Smith comes in and Hazlewood's been replaced by Clint McKay.

Australia win toss and bat first.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy that Smith is in, but should've given Hazlewood another go IMO. If Smith doesn't bat above Hopes I'll be spewing.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah um... have a feeling that 330 will be minimum, regardless of pitch with that bowling attack

(I exaggerate... I think)

King Pietersen

International Captain
Tait played some 50 over Domestic games in Australia didn't he?

Been a very poor start from England. Pitch looks flat and the Aussies have played some nice shots, but England have looked very flat. Anderson's first over was pretty awful.