• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England

King Pietersen

International Captain
Interesting delivery from Dougeh. Really lifted and bounced, was a tad wayward, but it really lifted off the surface.

Nice follow up from Strauss. Clipped beautifully off his legs.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Strauss gone. This is how Strauss is going to get out time and time again in ODi cricket. It's the shot he was playing to get himself out in Test cricket, and he's since put it away, but in ODi's he feels he has to play those big drives to full deliveries, and more often than not he will edge behind. Looked decent on the leg-side and it was good bowling from Harris, but I'm not convinced Strauss is ever going to be a top class ODi opener. Bring in Steve Davies TBH.

Sir Alex

Banned
Strauss gone. This is how Strauss is going to get out time and time again in ODi cricket. It's the shot he was playing to get himself out in Test cricket, and he's since put it away, but in ODi's he feels he has to play those big drives to full deliveries, and more often than not he will edge behind. Looked decent on the leg-side and it was good bowling from Harris, but I'm not convinced Strauss is ever going to be a top class ODi opener. Bring in Steve Davies TBH.
Thus starts the wrist slitting. Strauss has never promised to be a great in ODIs, but I think he is doing not too terrible a job as compared to some other openers England has tried since Trescothick left them. Keysweater is still a rookie and having two brand new guys with a blow hot and cold Kevin Pietersen to follow could just be the recipe for disaster. I am fairly sure Strauss will retire from ODI cricket post World cup and England can start experimenting then.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Who cares if Kieswetter and Davies are both inexperienced? They're both better OD batsmen than Andrew Strauss. I never agreed with Strauss's re-call to the ODi squad, this isn't an opinion I've formed on the basis of that last innings, I just don't think he's good enough. Davies is probably the best OD batsman in England ATM after Pietersen, so should be playing. It shouldn't matter if he's inexperienced or not, he's the best option we've got. Strauss is only in the side because he's captain; a job which Paul Collingwood could do just as well.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First time I've seen Kieswetter play against genuine pace and all I'll say is that I hope he plays in the Ashes if this is his usual method

King Pietersen

International Captain
Man Kieswetter's got some style through cover. When he gets it right and hits it through there it looks so good.

Bollinger bowling between 87 and 90mph-ish and Harris is a tad quicker generally getting it up above 90, with quite a few deliveries reaching 93mph.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Harris really turned it up in that last over. Think every ball but 1 was 93mph+, with 1 ball almost hitting 95mph. Bowling genuinely quickly.

Sir Alex

Banned
Who cares if Kieswetter and Davies are both inexperienced? They're both better OD batsmen than Andrew Strauss. I never agreed with Strauss's re-call to the ODi squad, this isn't an opinion I've formed on the basis of that last innings, I just don't think he's good enough. Davies is probably the best OD batsman in England ATM after Pietersen, so should be playing. It shouldn't matter if he's inexperienced or not, he's the best option we've got. Strauss is only in the side because he's captain; a job which Paul Collingwood could do just as well.
Steve Davies is hardly played enough. Perhaps they can try him, but I don't think he has THAT a spectacular OD record to merit selection at the moment ahead of Strauss. Mind you Strauss hasn't been dire. He just hasn't been awesome.

S Chanderpaul

U19 Vice-Captain
Steve Davies is hardly played enough. Perhaps they can try him, but I don't think he has THAT a spectacular OD record to merit selection at the moment ahead of Strauss. Mind you Strauss hasn't been dire. He just hasn't been awesome.
He averages over 40 since he started opening in one dayers. Other than Trott I cant really think of anyone else who has averaged as much.