• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England have to be a value bet here. Hopes against spin is lol.

Can greenbook later.
Average score at Rosebowl is 218 and Oz is on course to better that comfortably

Mind you, we have 2 very average attacks

Spark

Global Moderator
50 for Clarke. Pretty decent innings actually.

Definitely more than a 220 pitch given how easily Clarke/Hussey played.

---

I like this. A boundary plus a few singles gets you an easy 8-10 an over.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Not saying England will win. My point was Australia will not score much vs. the spinners, the odds will fall, and trade out before the powerplay.

Anyway managed to make a minor profit, just before Australia got a few boundaries.

andyc

Hazlewood to take a bag :cool:

Going to bed now but getting my anger in advance that the Aussies don't take the PP until the 43rd/44th over, by which time we're 6 down and it's up to the tail.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Horrible over from Bresnan. Was a stupid gameplan from Strauss to bowl back of a length at the death of an innings to an Australian line-up, it's just pure idiocy, was never going to work.

Sir Alex

Banned
Clarke has played an important innings from both Australian and English pov. He has singlehandedly converted this into a contest.

social

Right up there with the worst balls ever + let's bring up fine leg and bowl a slow half tracker

Spark

Global Moderator
OK score. Solid innings from Clarke, he's gotta get less predictable with his back away - over cover shot though.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I reckon that's a good score here. Does look a fairly flat deck, but I think the Australian bowling line-up is a lot better than many are giving them credit for. Bollinger and Harris have been excellent in the last few ODi series for Australia, Hauritz always seems to bowl well against us, Hopes is in good knick with the ball and Hazlewood must have some talent to be picked this early. I reckon we've got a decent chance of getting home, if we bat properly, but I'm particularly confident.

Spark

Global Moderator
Kinda weird innings from Clarke. Awful for the first twenty balls, excellent for the next sixty, annoying for the last twenty. Could've put a couple away near the end but considering no one else got above 35 I'm not going to complain.

treamcast34

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I reckon that's a good score here. Does look a fairly flat deck, but I think the Australian bowling line-up is a lot better than many are giving them credit for. Bollinger and Harris have been excellent in the last few ODi series for Australia, Hauritz always seems to bowl well against us, Hopes is in good knick with the ball and Hazlewood must have some talent to be picked this early. I reckon we've got a decent chance of getting home, if we bat properly, but I'm particularly confident.
Hazlewood's name has been thrown around before, iirc he was the youngest ever first class debutant in Australia. Just googling him...sounds like they've been silently grooming him for a while.

Thought we bowled just okay; strange sort of innings really, it felt like we kept them stuttering on the back foot most of the way through yet they tottered on to a solid sort of score. Reflective of a slowish pitch perhaps. I still don't think much of Bresnan, tries hard but he's a nothing-player. Dime a dozen.

Also, I don't recall seeing KP in the field. Everything okay there?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Hazlewood's name has been thrown around before, iirc he was the youngest ever first class debutant in Australia.

Thought we bowled just okay; strange sort of game really, it felt like we kept them stuttering on the back foot most of the way through yet they tottered on to a solid sort of score. I still don't think much of Bresnan, tries hard but he's a nothing-player. Dime a dozen.

Also, I don't recall seeing KP in the field. Everything okay there?
He was there.

And agree on Bresnan, once Watson and Paine had got their eye in he looked quite hittable.