• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would be your top 10 greatest Asian cricketers?

Mine would be in order

1)Murali - statistically the best,record holder for most wickets in tests and ODIs @ a very good average.
2)Sachin/Imran Khan - former holds most major batting records + most test wins for an Asian,latter is a WC winning captain + Asia's best all-rounder
4)Kapil Dev-WC winning captain and most successful Asian fast bowler in terms of wickets
5)Wasim Akram-400+test wickets and 500+ ODI wickets
6)Gavaskar-10k+runs,arguably best Asian batsman
7)Dravid-same as Gavaskar
8)Waqar-350+ test wickets and 400+ODI wickets
9)Jayawardene-closing in on 10k test runs
10)Kumble-600+test wickets and 300+ODI wickets

Notable omissions - Aravinda,Sangakkara,Sehwag,Fazal Mahmood,Abdul Qadir,Jayasuriya and more..............

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
I wanted to include Mohammad brothers, Zaheer Abbas but didnt see them in action so couldnt add them...

I also wanted to have Aravinda de Silva, Azharuddin, Ranatunga, Abdul Qadir but...so well these are my 10!

Sachin Tendulkar
Muralitharan
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Javed Miandad
Sunil Gavaskar
Anil Kumble
Waqar Younis
Rahul Dravid

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Imran Khan
Javed Miandad
Mushtaq Ahmed
Ranjitsinhji
Duleepsinhji
Nawab of Pataudi
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Yasir Arafat
Mohammad Sami
Gehan Mendis

Saqlain and Chawla disqualified, obv

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Farokh Engineer plus any 9 others
Yeah, was gonnna say, he'd have to be there, surely. Imran, Kapil, Miandad, Tendulkar, Wasim, Dravid all good shouts. Murali of course.

Shall try to compile a list which allows me to leave Gavaskar out tbh. Not a fan, great player though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shall try to compile a list which allows me to leave Gavaskar out tbh. Not a fan, great player though.
It's bizarre. He seems reasonable and considered in the comm box, but every so often writes or is quoted as having said something unbelieveably twatty.

Will throw Lord Jardine of Mumbai's hat into the ring too. :cool:

Burgey

Yeah, worth a shout.

Should also be said, FIFA says Australia is part of Asia.

Keith Miller, Don Bradman worth a shout :ph34r:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

Going to go with blokes who actually represented one of the Asian nations - so no Ranji, Jardine etc.

1. Imran Khan
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Muttiah Muralitharan
4. Sunil Gavaskar
5. Wasim Akram
6. Kapil Dev
7. Waqar Younis
8. Javed Miandad
9. Rahul Dravid
10. Vijay Merchant

A veritable plethora of genuinely great cricketers all there or thereabouts and unlucky to miss out.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
When Test and ODIs combined

Imran Khan
Muralidaran
Sachin Tendulkar
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younus
Javed Miandad
Aravinda de Silva
Kapil Dev
Inzamam ul Haq
Kumar Sangakkara

Tough on Dravid, Gavaskar, Jayawardane - but they are n where close to above as ODI batsmen. Kumar is in because he's the best wicket keeper batsman Asia has ever seen and is peerless among Asians. And Azhar ud din just missed the 10.

robbinhood

Cricket Spectator
My top ten Asian cricketers
1 . Mansur Ali Khan Patodi
2 Sachin Tendulkar
3Kapil Dev
4.Wasim Akram
5. Sunil Gavaskar
6. Rahul Dravid
7.Waqar
8.Jayawardene
9.Kumble
10.Murali

Zinzan

Off the top of my head & in order ......

Imran
Murali
Tendulkar
Wasim
Dev
Gavaskar
Miandad
Waqar
Dravid
Aravinda

Notable mentions: , Z. Abbas, Inzamam, Jayawardene, Bedi, Kumble, V Merchant, Sehwag

Quite amazing that for an All-time Asian top 10, most people, including myself only included the 1 spinner in Murali (albeit a couple having Kumble as well)