• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC vs FIFA

Matt79

Global Moderator
Pretty poor form that IMO, buys a new poster and it's his first thread...
Yeah, I suppose. Sorry Patroclus. We've had a succession of threads about how to expand cricket out to be as popular around the world as football, and I probably over-reacted with that first comment.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's a symbol of the struggles the ICC has had with identifying key demographics within the market, in particular the co-ordinatedly challenged individuals which happen to exist in modern society.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I support the Fifa because the Cricket will never overtake football. Football is too simple a game compared to the rocket science cricket is. In some ways this is a good thing. Cricket's complicacy makes it all the more amazing to me.
Both involve hitting a ball around a field as far as I can tell.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What do you think that football has but cricket does not have ?

According to me the list is :

1.More of Beautiful and Artistic stadiums

(cricket has only 19 stadiums with over 40,000 capacity. 12 in India, 4 in Australia...

Football has 259 of over 40,000 and theres a new stadium being built daily)

2.Lack of popular domestic competitons

(only IPL runs in full stadiums)

3.Lack of smart & stable organization by ICC

( FIFA vs ICC )

4.Lack of smart and innovative marketing

( FIFA World Cup vs ICC World Cup )

5.Lack of more popular tournaments in cricket

( Football has at least 10 tourneys which run in packed stadiums & get high TRPs eg.Euro,Confd Cup, UEFA Champions League etc )

6.Lack of competetive nations in World Cricket

( Football has at least 50 counries who can beat each other but in cricket its 12 we have to take it to atleast 25-30 to consider world cricket a success )

7.Uneven distribution of money between boards

( BCCI has as much money as 6 other boards put together and BCCI never helps the associate nations)

8.Lack of a stable format

(50 over is too long and T20 is slam bam and no World Test Championship)

9.Lack of regional level tourneys

(No Euro or African Cup of Nations)

10.Lack of ambitious , innovative , revolutionary & active fans who would help the ICC by giving them ideas even though ICC is not interactive.

Honestly, its basically two countries. You take out India and Pakistan, and Cricket is barely watched by anyone. You can take out like 10 nations from Football and still get a couple of billion viewers.

Just take a look at these soccer stadiums :

Allianz Arena

Santiago Bernabeau

Anfield Road (Its atmosphere)

The Wembley

Nou Camp(100000 supporters not one seat empty)

Soccer City RSA

Rome Olympic Stadium

Louis II Monte Carlo

Azteca Mexico

Yokohoma Stadium

The FIFA World Cup is underway tomorrow so its the best time to compare the two sports.
Quality != Quantity, the majority is not always right etc.

Cricket >> Football. :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FIFA is one of the most corrupt organisations in existance, i think it comfortably has the ICC covered in that respect.
FIFA has its corruption yea. But that hasn't afffected the way its runs the game. FIFA has real control over ICC which is lame-duck, which is the biggest & most important difference between the two sporting bodies.