• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* WCL - Global Div 1, The Netherlands 2010

Predict The Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Do you feel the IPL helps the younger Indian players get noticed?, or does it make much of a difference,

I feel it's given Vijay and Saha and others a window to show their skill...
IPL is the only hope for youngsters but again thats becoming the final goal which is wrong. The final goal should always be to play for the nation. One thing I am sure is IPL is becoming bigger & bigger with each passing Season. Am sure it will one day be as big as Premier League Soccer.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Sure the IPL bug has hit even the might Lara, which I hope to see :D, what do you make of Lara coming over?,

and how hard is it for the younger talent to be noticed by the BCCI?...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Prediction Time:
Highest Run-Scorer: Stirling (Irl)
Most Wicket taker: Mark Jonkman (Ned)
Man of the Series: Andrew White (Irl)
Highest Team total: 296-4
Lost Team Total: 117

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Sure the IPL bug has hit even the might Lara, which I hope to see :D, what do you make of Lara coming over?,

and how hard is it for the younger talent to be noticed by the BCCI?...
@ Irish Opener - Lara??? Lets see... Its not the problem of BCCI noticing its abt the internal politics in the board.

@ Samuel - Buddy White is out of the tournament cause of county commitments.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
U tell me abt Cricket in Ireland buddy? Is it growing? Howz the awareness for this tournament? Any new exciting developments? How do u see Irish Cricket 5 years from now?

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
White is in the squad mate, well according the the squad that was announced he's available,

Well from what I know it's picking up popularity quite quickly, only the other week we had an ODI that was shown on TV over here, which is a rare thing, it's great to see it also,
and not just that, the game itself sold out and had about 5000 or so people at it,

so I do believe it's growing in popularity, and it's getting mentioned on the news a lot more and not just little clips at the end of the main sports,

this tournament will probably be relatively unknown, I could be wrong, but it would more likely be known to the bigger fans of Cricket in Ireland and it will get mentioned in the news and on Irish internet sites, which is always good to get the sport noticed,

developments, well there is many young Irish players coming through and the only problem is the talent is being taken for England, Ed Joyce was wasted over at England for nearly four years now, and with this four year ruling he was unable to play for us, now he is to come back and play for Ireland which is a great boost for Irish cricket,

well I'm not really sure where it will be in 5 years time, we have applied for Full Member Status, and the Irish CEO Warren Deutrom is confident of success and that can only be good for Ireland,

I think we need to continue playing the top teams and gain experience from this, and keep onto our players, and hopefully something can be done to help the associate teams,

I'd like Ireland to play an India A or tour in some form India and South Africa and Australia etc, but in 5 years I don't know what will happen, but I feel confident about our future...

but there is George Dockrell, who is going be the next big player for Irish cricket, well he already is doing great things, with the likes of Paul Stirling and Boyd Rankin and William Porterfield all good solid young players,

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
White is in the squad mate, well according the the squad that was announced he's available,

Well from what I know it's picking up popularity quite quickly, only the other week we had an ODI that was shown on TV over here, which is a rare thing, it's great to see it also,
and not just that, the game itself sold out and had about 5000 or so people at it,

so I do believe it's growing in popularity, and it's getting mentioned on the news a lot more and not just little clips at the end of the main sports,

this tournament will probably be relatively unknown, I could be wrong, but it would more likely be known to the bigger fans of Cricket in Ireland and it will get mentioned in the news and on Irish internet sites, which is always good to get the sport noticed,

developments, well there is many young Irish players coming through and the only problem is the talent is being taken for England, Ed Joyce was wasted over at England for nearly four years now, and with this four year ruling he was unable to play for us, now he is to come back and play for Ireland which is a great boost for Irish cricket,

well I'm not really sure where it will be in 5 years time, we have applied for Full Member Status, and the Irish CEO Warren Deutrom is confident of success and that can only be good for Ireland,

I think we need to continue playing the top teams and gain experience from this, and keep onto our players, and hopefully something can be done to help the associate teams,

I'd like Ireland to play an India A or tour in some form India and South Africa and Australia etc, but in 5 years I don't know what will happen, but I feel confident about our future...

but there is George Dockrell, who is going be the next big player for Irish cricket, well he already is doing great things, with the likes of Paul Stirling and Boyd Rankin and William Porterfield all good solid young players,
Gud to hear that mate...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Warm Up Matches Update:
Ireland defeat Canada
Scotland Beat Afghanistan
Kenya Beat The Netherlands

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Also Laksh, Paul Stirling getting a nice knock of 114, and a good 6 wicket victory,

Kenya is the big game on Thursday, need to win that, well we need to win them all :D...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I think reducing the number of teams in the 2011 CWC is a big mistake. They should have had the same number of teams 16 for 2011 edition & 20 for 2015 edition. The mistake with the length of 2007 CWC isn't the number of teams but the format.

This format would have ended the 2007 tournament with 31 Matches & within a month:

4 Groups of 4 (13 Days) > Quarters (4 Days) > Semis (2 Days) > Final (1 Day). Breaks (4/5 Days) Total = (13 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 5 = 25 Days)

Would have been much better tournament with same number of teams & ended atleast 24 days before. Even the current format inspite of reducing the teams to 14 has 49 Matches & is over a month.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Great news - WCL Div 1 matches to be live streamed on espnstar.com. Tomorrows match to be streamed is Netherlands vs Scotland with commentary.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm epic choke from Netherlands there has to be said. Reminiscent of England, when they used to be ****e at limited overs games.

stumpski

International Captain
There's rarely a good time to bowl a wide, but with number 11 on strike for the last ball and two needed, was not the time. :dry: