• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think?

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Do you think international cricketers actually surf this forum? since it is one of the biggest forums on cricket.

Do you think they see us discussing about them. What if some of them are members of this forum?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Who knows. Some comedians/actors (obviously the newer ones, or ones not yet successful) browse forums, and the internet in general, to check what people think of them. Young cricketers may do that too.

I highly doubt say Matty Hayden is concerned about his reputation of being a flat track bully on CW though.

Sir Alex

Banned
Who knows. Some comedians/actors (obviously the newer ones, or ones not yet successful) browse forums, and the internet in general, to check what people think of them. Young cricketers may do that too.

I highly doubt say Matty Hayden is concerned about his reputation of being a flat track bully on CW though.
Request Your Custom Title Now!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Ikki shares an odd Aryan resemblance to Matty tbh. Not quite as much as Murali-NP, but it's close.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
I think forums are a bit old and traditional for a lot of people, including cricketers.

How many people use IRC to chat these days? Only those who have been using it for years. If its not Twitter or Facebook it doesn't fit into the mainstream. I'm not syaing no international or even first-class cricketer lurks in the CW forums or other major cricketing forums. But that most would stick to the awfulness that is Facebook/Twitter.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gaius Octavius IMHO.

On subject tho I reckon it's inevitable at least one international cricketer has found his way to CW. Have a lot of time on their hands on tours and Google being what it is.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm sure a few FC cricketers would have accounts here especially younger ones.

I can imagine international players would probably have much better things to do with their lives.

Jakester1288

International Regular
TBH, if I was a professional cricketer (at least a younger one) I'd be searching for what people think of me.

morgieb

Atherton apparently lurks the forum. He'd be flattered by Richard's comments, imo.

Sinclair has posted here, and McGlashan holds a blog here too.

morgieb

Oh, and Andrew Gale and Chris Taylor held a blog here too.

Think Te Ahu Davis and Mitchell McClenghan bagged out Phelgm because of his criticism. :ph34r:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
TBH, if I was a professional cricketer (at least a younger one) I'd be searching for what people think of me.
Why would a semi-decent cricketer care about what a bunch of randoms on a forum think of him?

You will notice amongst many professional sportsmen that many of them state they don't read/listen/watch much of the media, can be a mindless distraction to their own game.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Why would a semi-decent cricketer care about what a bunch of randoms on a forum think of him?

You will notice amongst many professional sportsmen that many of them state they don't read/listen/watch much of the media, can be a mindless distraction to their own game.
Players certainly surf (and sometimes even post on) their own clubs' messageboards, but I suppose that's because there's a direct link with their own fans, and a greater likelihood of reading comments about themselves.

As for sportsmen who say they never read the papers, they fall into two camps: (1) those that are lying and (2) those that can't read.