• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Aussie Stars

Craig

World Traveller
Unlike in the Carribbean where youngster get picked after a few games (ie Fidel Edwards, Jerome Taylor, David Bernard) or have poor records (like Bernard).

I cant remember his name, but there is a young wicketkeeper from Victoria who played for AUstralia u-19s last summer is highly rated by David Hookes.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You people have short memory spans. The WI selectors only started picking players out of the blue recently really.

Re: Bernard. A batting avge of 25 and a bowling avge of about the same is really not a bad record for an allrounder- especially in the West Indies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
I beieve Marshall was picked only after a couple of FC games.
I can't confirm but assuming this is true, that's just one example which proves that, until recently, such selections have been few and far between.

Cloete

International Captain
Andre said:
When I saw Kruger bat he looked like just a basher/slogger. Is tht his game or was he trying something in the ING?
lol well considering the total they were chasing i think he was just having a bit of fun ;)